2012 Ultra Race Plans

bubba hotep

Barefooters
Nov 29, 2011
What are you all thinking?

I am for sure going to do Rocky Raccoon 50 mile in February and then maybe Hells Hills 50 in April. The Texas ultra running scene basically shuts down after that due to the oppressive summer heat. I want to do a 100 mile race for sure but have not picked one yet and would love to do one of the summer mountain ones but I am not sure the travel budget will be up for it. I will probably end up doing one of the closer to home 100 miles that they have in Ok / AR / LA in the fall and early winter. I am also starting to kick around thoughts of doing a 48 hr run but only if the course is truly BF friendly.

I was thinking about hitting

I was thinking about hitting all 5 of the Tejas Trails 50's, and maybe that Ultracentric 24 or 48. Plus some smaller races. I have 2 half marathons I want to hit again, The Gusher and The Hottest Half.

I am also interested in

I am also interested in seeing Jasons plans, lol!

I plan on running the Sarsen

I plan on running the Sarsen trail marathon between Avebury and Stonehenge in the Uk in may.

Then, if all goes well, a three day event called the Druid Ridgeway Ultra that is usually held in november.

Starting the year off

Starting the year off easy...

Bandera 100k

Paint Creek FA 50k

Rocky Raccoon 100mi

Green Jewel 50k

After that, who knows!?

Only a couple. I am not a

Only a couple. I am not a formal race kind of guy although I really enjoy the Ulotra Crowd a lot
  • Seneca Creek Trail 50K in March
  • Eastern Divide Ultra 50K in June
  • I'll run the Stone Mill 50 Miler again and finish in November
  • If I can find more out about it, the North Face / GoreTex 50 Miler in Virginia
Other than that I'd like to get on a Ragnar Team someplace that is more into fun and less into speed.

Maybe the Wasatch since I am from Utah and it is the Origional Ragnar

Rocky is all I have planned

Rocky is all I have planned for now. After that I want to try to get ready for a fast marathon. Waiting to see how Rocky goes to make real definitive plans though.

Adam, Hells Hills is April

Adam, Hells Hills is April 7th..... Just throwing that out there, do whatever you want to with it!

buzzie wrote:Starting the

buzzie said:
Starting the year off easy...

Bandera 100k

Paint Creek FA 50k

Rocky Raccoon 100mi

Green Jewel 50k

After that, who knows!?

The Bandera course is one of my favorite places to run. I am thinking about doing Cactus Rose in 2012 and it is run on the same course.

Barefoot Gentile wrote:plan

Barefoot Gentile said:
Plan on running my first 50k in April 2012. Then running my third marathon in October (Hartford, CT), not an ultra I know.

It is about time that you step up to big boy running! Ha! I would like to run a marathon in '12 but it doesn't look to be in the cards.

Hells Hills is in Smithville just outside of Austin, Tx. I have heard it is a real nice course and a well run race.

haha!  Yeah a 50k is about

haha! Yeah a 50k is about the biggest big boy race I will do right now. I have no desire to run a 50 miler yet, once my kids get older and I have more time to train then I will step up to a 50 miler. I always wanted to visit Texas! Been a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1976!

I plan on runningJan - Phunt

I plan on running

Jan - Phunt 50k

Feb - Hashawha Hills 50k

March - Hat 50k

April - Delaware Trail Marathon

Oct - Blues Cruise 50k

Nov - Stone Mill 50 mile (a repeat of my first ultra)

So far only registered for Phunt and Hat 50k. Hopefully I can stay healthy all year since it took about 2 weeks to recover from my first ultra.

Barefoot Gentile

Barefoot Gentile said:
haha! Yeah a 50k is about the biggest big boy race I will do right now. I have no desire to run a 50 miler yet, once my kids get older and I have more time to train then I will step up to a 50 miler. I always wanted to visit Texas! Been a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1976!

Cowboys fan... Sad story! I was surprised when I lived in the DC area how many cowboys fans there were from the NE. Austin is awesome that time of year and they have some great local beers

I rode a horse once. True

I rode a horse once. True story!

Up until my heel injury my

Up until my heel injury my plan was the following:

1/14/2012 Weymouth Woods 100kSouthern Pines, NC 100k1/28/2012 NC Fat Ass 50k? 50k2/5/2012 NCSU Timed RunNCSU 10 mi.2/18/2012 Bi-Lo Myrtle Beach MarathonMyrtle Beach, SC 26.2 mi.3/12/2012 Umstead Trail MarathonCary/Raleigh 26.2 mi.3/24/2012 Ellerbe MarathonEllerbe, NC 26.2 mi.3/31-4/1/2012Umstead 100Cary/Raleigh Pacer6/12/2012 Boogie RacesEllerbe Springs, NC 50 mi.

I have lost too much time/mileage buildup for the Weymouth 100k, but I could be ready for the 50k at the end of January.

theshortwhiteguy wrote:Up

theshortwhiteguy said:
Up until my heel injury my plan was the following:

1/14/2012 Weymouth Woods 100kSouthern Pines, NC 100k1/28/2012 NC Fat Ass 50k? 50k2/5/2012 NCSU Timed RunNCSU 10 mi.2/18/2012 Bi-Lo Myrtle Beach MarathonMyrtle Beach, SC 26.2 mi.3/12/2012 Umstead Trail MarathonCary/Raleigh 26.2 mi.3/24/2012 Ellerbe MarathonEllerbe, NC 26.2 mi.3/31-4/1/2012Umstead 100Cary/Raleigh Pacer6/12/2012 Boogie RacesEllerbe Springs, NC 50 mi.

I have lost too much time/mileage buildup for the Weymouth 100k, but I could be ready for the 50k at the end of January.

Hope the heel comes along and you can hammer out some of those races. Are you going to run Umstead at some point in the future?

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Austin is great any time of year.

I esp. like the summer b/c there is usually a good bit of running talent out on display around Town Lake! One of my favorite things to do is to take a half day off when I am down that way and run the lake and then cruise over to Opal Divines for happy hour. In fact, that would make a pretty good training run at some point this summer!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts