2012 Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival/ Barefoot Runners Society Meetup, May 26th!

Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival/ 3rd Annual Barefoot Runners Society Meetup, May 26th!
By Jason Robillard

pineland-farms-trail-running-festival-presented-by-merrell.jpg

The 2012 Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival is shaping up to be the biggest spring barefoot party in the country! Last year’s event was awesome- two days of running, meeting other barefoot runners, eating great food, listening to great music, and drinking awesome beer! It’s one of the few events we attended that immediately became a “must-do” event.

As such, Shelly and I will be there this year. I talked to Erik Boucher, one of the race directors, and he gave me some tantalizing details for this year’s event, including:
  • Free beer to all participants and volunteers courtesy Smuttynose Brewing Company on both Saturday and Sunday,
  • BBQ served both Saturday and Sunday,
  • Seminars about beer making, yoga (think hot ladies in yoga pants), and good running form (last one taught by me, though I probably won’t be wearing yoga pants)
  • A ton of race options, from a 5k, barefoot 5k, 5k canicross, 10k, 25k, 50k, and 50 miler. There’s a distance for everyone!
  • A video contest, which you can vote for here: VIDEO CONTEST You can also check out the videos to get a feel for last year’s event.
  • Saturday events for the kiddies.
  • FREE BEER!
The event is also an official Barefoot Runners Society meetup, so you’ll have a chance to meet a ton of barefoot runners from chapters all over the country. We already have a huge group of barefoot runners attending. Here’s our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/events/295621687180745/. If you’re planning on attending, let us know!

Also, check out Krista Cavendar’s sweet-ass shirt many of us will be wearing:​
men-s-standard-weight-cotton-tee-team-squirrelwipe_design.png

Here’s the actual event Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/events/239431539483524/.

Who’s in?

To bad, I will be running Medcity Marathon on the 27th in Rochester, wonder how far of a drive it would be to commute, hmmmmm.

Take lots of pictures and share with us here, Bess and Silly. In fact, I would LOVE a race report for the home page! hint, hint. Please?

That's okay, Ms. Silly. I would still love a race report, no matter what you have or have not on your feet.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts