2012 Mileage Club

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Everyone, be sure to be recording all your miles, barefoot and minimal, for the 2012 Mileage Club, and report them at the end of the year! You'll get a nice, shiny certificate at the end of the year!

Check out the previous two years' Mileage Club Recipients List here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/library-articles/mileage-club.23/

I plan on having an adequate

I plan on having an adequate year in terms of running - I won't let myself up or down as it relates to my running. Keeping my fingers crossed this means minimal injury.

I don't have a goal for this

I don't have a goal for this year other that to have higher mileage than SpoonerWeb... HAHAHA HAHAHAHA yeah right!

My (not so) secret goal for

My (not so) secret goal for 2012 is to average 10 kms a day. I might not make it but if I do finish my races it shouldn't be that hard. 2000 miles would be another good number if I fail the first one. This will be barefoot and minimal combined. I'm not hard core enough to run outside this time of year barefoot.

Your avatar says otherwise. 

Your avatar says otherwise. ;-)

going by time at the moment,

going by time at the moment, and may just stay that way from now on, not sure. So, I'm averaging about 4.5 miles an hour, I think. I'll just calculate my mileage like that and add it up. I've got 11 hours logged this year so far, just shy of 50 miles...

That'll work too.

That'll work too.

Just wanna mention here that I've got about 180 miles for the year so far. Still going by time/HR so mileage is an estimate, but then this isn't about precision, it's about fun and other important things :)

PS - planning to be out for 4 hours tomorrow morning... about 18-20 miles.

You're well on your way.

Since I'm late to the game I think my target will be to get up to doing a 10km race by the end of year. From zero to 6 miles barefoot in six months? I know everyone is different but taking the average person is this doable?

Anyway have no idea have the mileage total will workout but will keep track of it and post.

We have minimalist categories too. Just not boat anchor categories. So count those miles!

TA, I think you can get up to a 10K by the end of the year. That's a lot of time and not that many miles.

Reactions: terence arnold
Yes, it counts. We count all miles, except boat anchor miles, 'cuz those miles is cheatin' miles. Hee.

Be sure to start tallying your barefoot and minimalist miles, folks! The end of the year is fast approaching, and you know you want that shiny BRS mileage certificate!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts