2011 Mileage Club

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Hey All, be sure to keep track of your barefoot and minimalist miles. At the end of the year, we will have a bright, shiny certificate for you!!!!

Just thought I'd share....Was

Just thought I'd share....Was trying to figure out, to the best of my knowledge (my journal is pretty hard to read), :) I have run a total of 352 miles barefoot so far (as of 11/4/11) in 2011 and 377 miles in minimalist footwear in 2011. I thought my barefoot mileage would be higher than minimalist but oh well. Have to take into account the winter mileage in Maine I guess.

Keep running! :)

PENDING

Reactions: jswan2011
Thanks for reporting,

Thanks for reporting, Theresa. Everyone else, get your number ready!

So I'll hit 1000 miles

So I'll hit 1000 miles barefoot and minimalist on mile 2 of the marathon Sunday... No idea what the breakdown is. Do I need to know the breakdown?

DONE

Yes, please.  Just do your

Yes, please. Just do your best at guestimating. We're on an honor system here.

what? we were supposed to

what? we were supposed to keep score? why did you wait until the end of the game to say so? man.

DONE

Uh, Johnny Come Lately, check

Uh, Johnny Come Lately, check again. The 2010 thread gave lots of heads up, and this thread was started on 07/31. :)

the more you know. i'll let

the more you know.

i'll let my garmin track it for next year. before i got it i was just guessing at my mileage.

DONE

Ok, Im gunna give the foot a

Ok, Im gunna give the foot a "test run" tomorrow, and if it does well all I need is a 120 mile month for December and Ill hit 1k for 2011. Some (maybe 15?) were in huaraches, so Ill shoot to hit 1018 (which was my original 2011 mileage goal) to cover the difference so I can claim 1,000 BF miles. Fingers are crossed!!!

DONE

Toes are crossed! 

Toes are crossed! ;-)

..... And it rains all

..... And it rains all day.

DONE

Just passed 3000 miles for

Just passed 3000 miles for 2011. Should be able to get 5000km in before the year ends.

DONE

It's getting close, you guy! 

It's getting close, you guy! Start recording your mileage as close to what you think it will be by December 31, 2011! I'm excited to see what you all were able to accomplish this year and compare your mileage to last year. Remember, we count both barefoot and minimalist running miles, but we record them separately.

Hi TJ,Are we counting miles

Hi TJ,

Are we counting miles for the year 2011 or total since we started barefoot running? Just so I dont get confused ;-)

I think I'm making a comeback after my ankle injury yeah! just did a 12.5km today and feels good. I ran the short course in the Fanatics Christmas Day run, just 8.5km and despite still recovering from calf strain and the ankle, I knocked about 3 minutes of last years time 45m 20s. The next run is a road trail run on Australia day (Jan 26th) 16km.

Cheers

Neil

DONE

Sounds like you're recovering

Sounds like you're recovering well, Neil. Keep it up!

We are only counting mileage for 2011.

Well, looks like Im going to

Well, looks like Im going to fall short of 1,000.... Im gunna end up with around 960 for 2011, of that probablly 920 is BF. Ill have official numbers later. Damn injury! I would be around 1200 BF and just 40 or so in huaraches / vibrams...

DONE

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090