1st BF Race

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
Well the good news is that I sort of PR'd, took 1st in my Age Group, and ran in 6th place overall. The other side of the news is that the field was very small, with maybe only 100 runners, though there were lots of people and even more dogs. It was a race sponsored by an animal rescue organisation, after all.

My sort of PR was a 24:38, or 7:56 or so per mile, and was a PR for BFR....and my first BF Race. I'll take it!

The dogs slowed me down a bit as a few of them cut me off with leashes across the shins and once I had a pup licking at my bare feet as I was running. ("He loves feet!" his owner said.) Also, they posted that the length of the run was about .1 mile more than a regular 5K. I don't know why they just didn't adjust it to standard.

My feet were fine. I hardly felt the road beyond the stretch of chip and seal. No sweat! I did get a lot of "Bare Foot! Yeah!" and also quite a few"Bare Foot! Oh my gosh!" The guy who ran in 3rd was wearing VFF's. I didn't see any other BF or Min runners.

The run was lovely with sunny and cool weather - a surprize because the forecast had been for cloudy and rain. Go figure.

OK, everybody else, it's your turn. Run well!

That's just great, JT!  I'm

That's just great, JT! I'm so glad you did so well, especially your first time out. That's hysterical about the dog licking your feet. :tongue:

Great run JT. Its always good

Great run JT. Its always good to get the first one out of the way, nothing but bigger and better things from this point on.

Bob, TJ and Chris- Thanks for

Bob, TJ and Chris- Thanks for the encouragement.

|'ve got a 10K trail run next weekend which is pretty tough with lots of elevation change. A couple weeks off and then a 10 Mile trail race, with less technical challenge, to score me some points on the Halloween Weekend point scoring thing.

I love the cooler weather!

Good luck on those too!BTW,

Good luck on those too!

BTW, anyone want to take on coordinating the Halloween Costume Run Challenge this year? I asked Bruno, since he won it last year, but he hasn't responded. Anyone? Not much work to it.

Great race JT! Speed is

Great race JT!

Speed is relative... to me you're wicked fast and BFJosh ... well he just isn't human... and yet if I run with some of the ladies from work I'm the speedster...ha!

Keep it up... way to BF represent.

S. Pimp.

SP2, (I have to call you

SP2, (I have to call you that, since we already have an SP1, that's SayPay! Ha!) yea, go ahead and compare yourself to us women, if that makes you feel all big and badass! Ha! :sexy:

Oops that did come off a bit

Oops that did come off a bit sexist didn't it. :X

It really wasn't my intention.... sorry :8)

In my defense most people kick my butt at running... regardless of their sex. I'm slow... So I really can't afford to discriminate. I take my victories wherever I can find them. If a few ladies I run with somehow got the idea that I'm fast...

I'm not going to correct them... they'll be plenty of time for race results to do that. :D

S. Pimp

I don't care what they say,

I don't care what they say, running with women is much more entertaining anyway. Much better discussions, no topic is off limits, at least with the women I run with. :innocent: ;-)

Good job! My first BF race

Good job! My first BF race probably wont be until spring, assuming the BF running works out for me. I've never even ran in the fall before, usually too busy in a treestand or getting ready for winter. Well this year I am determined to keep up with it, especially since I am still learning, and not even up to a mile yet. I'd hate to quit for the year before I complete my learning. Good luck on your next races!

I'm cracking up, JT!  I about

I'm cracking up, JT! I about spewed milk out of my nose! You bring fresh air to this place. Thank you!

SP2, I was just giving you a hard time, on purpose!

Tristan, don't let the down time and cold sway you. Keep up the barefoot running as much as you possibly can, and come spring, you'll be kickin' some ass! You're going to love it. It's well worth it to stick with it.

TJ, the pleasure is all

TJ, the pleasure is all mine! Thanks so much for being the dynamo powering the BRS.

Funny how my wife never seems to equate my presence with fresh air. She thinks I smell like mulch...on my good days. Maybe there's something fishy about me?

Tristan, keep after it! It does get easier! Your body has remarkable abilities to get used to most anything. And I bet they didn't tell you yet about how winter milage count for double. In any case, you're twice as glad to be done with a winter run and feel twice as proud of the accomplishment, for sure!