1st Barefoot Race

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Vibramfreak, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Vibramfreak

Vibramfreak Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Hello everyone,

I have my first barefoot 5K on October 2nd. What kind of times should I expect being this is my first race? I want to win the whole thing but I'm trying to be realistic. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Josh

2. barefoot_n_ga

barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Florida -...

Hey Josh,

Good luck on yourfirst barefoot 5k. I am running my 3rd this Sunday at the Duluth Fall Festival. I am also doing another one in Norcross on 10/15.

Do you wear a stopwatch when you run? If so, you should have a idea of thepace you run at and can translate that to what a decent time would be for a 5k. You can have that as a goal time going in and if you hit it, great, but if you don't, that's ok too. After the first race, you will have a better idea forthe next one.

Let us know how you do.

Gerry

barefootnga@hotmail.com

3. Vibramfreak

Vibramfreak Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Thanks Gerry, I will let everyone know how it goes. I do wear a Garmin GPS watch that has a pace readout on it as well as elapsed time and distance. I am going running with Terry tomorrow at the Ga Intl horsepark to get a feel for the mud run so I will pay closer attention to my pace then. On 10/15 I am running another 5K here in Commerce, Its the Run/Walk at Tanger Outlet Centers.

On a side note, do you know how I can add my location to the Georgia Member Map on the home page? I havent done it yet and TJ needs me to do so. Thanks for the help, and I hope that we can get together sometime.

Josh

4. barefoot_n_ga

barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Florida -...

Hi Josh,

It would be cool to meet up for a run. I think if you contact Thomas, our admin (thomasleehayes@gmail.com),he can get you on the map. I just met him yesterday for a run at Suwanee for the first time.

This mud run sounds like fun. Do you know if it can be done barefoot?

Keep em bare!

Gerry

5. Vibramfreak

Vibramfreak Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Since it is put on by Merrell they have a barefoot class. If you run the course in vff, trail gloves, or barefoot and win, you get a free pair of trailgloves. Pretty sweet deal but im a little hesitant about jumping into a mudpit not knowing what is on the bottom. Terry and I could not get together today but we are going to run the course on thursday to get a feel for it.

6. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

I will be doing a pre-run of the Merrell Down & Dirty with Mokie (Terry) on Sunday, October 9, if anyone wants to join us. I imagine all the obstacles will be vacant until race day? -TJ