Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Boston.jpg
“We Will Finish the Race”:
The Making of Our May 2013 Cover

By Boston Magazine

Lynda Nijensohn, 2013 marathon runner: I don’t have a complete memory of how I specifically found out about this; I don’t know if it was on Facebook or what. But I thought, Oh, this will be cool. I run in barefoot shoes, and they were pink, so I thought it would be cool to contribute them.

Feinberg: There was a question of what to do with the laces. Do I tie the shoes? Do I not tie the shoes? I felt that having the laces in looked a little like veins and gave it a bit of an artery feeling, and that made the heart feel more human in a way. And it gave it scale. It just seemed better to me. And the barefoot shoes were perfect—it was just what I needed to fit into that nice shape. That was just complete serendipity. I was lucky. By the end of the day, the picture was completely done.

Nijensohn: I remember when I saw the cover, looking for my barefoot shoes and them being there. Those are my shoes right in the center.

To read the complete article, please visit: https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2023/03/21/may-2013-magazine-cover/

“We Will Finish the Race”: The Making of Our May 2013 Cover - Boston Magazine
Boston Magazine
Schwartz: I'll never forget seeing all

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts