BAREFOOT RUNNERS SOCIETY®, LLC,ANDTHEBAREFOOTRUNNERS.ORG
Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC (BRS, LLC), is a volunteer-run organization, and we are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of the information you share with us. We believe you have the right to know everything regarding the information we collect about you, how this information benefits you, and how you can say "no" to the use of any of this information.
Collecting your Personal Information
We will ask you when we need personally identifiable information. Typically, this information will be requested when you register with the website, enter a contest, subscribe to e-mail newsletters, or complete an online survey. Your personal information is stored in your profile. You can review or change your profile anytime you are logged on to the TheBarefootRunners.org website. You will have to provide your unique User ID and Password in order to access your profile. The TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) website assigns a personal identification number and sends it to your computer in the form of a small text file, called a "cookie." The use of this cookie allows you to visit other password-restricted portions of TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) website — for which you have security access — without having to sign in again.
We also collect PII during transactions, sponsored events, and member initiation/renewal. When visiting one of our online websites, we collect user-specific information on what pages are visited. PII includes your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone and cell phone numbers, wireless service provider, and all other information you provide to us.
Use of your Personal Information
Your personal information is used for four primary purposes:
· To make the website easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
· To help you quickly find information on TheBarefootRunners.org.
· To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you.
To alert you to events, notifications, promotions, and other helpful information.
Sometimes we contract with other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are not permitted to use your information for any other purpose. TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC); (b) protect and defend the rights or property of TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC), and (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) customers, visitors to TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC)’s website, or the public.
Control of your Personal Information
When you register or give us personal information, TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. Your information is only to be used for the purposes stated above. TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) may send out periodic e-mails to tell you of technical & promotional issues if you have requested updates. You may unsubscribe to these mailings.
You acknowledge that BRS is located in the United States of America ("U.S.") and will process and store your information in the U.S., and that as a result, U.S. governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the U.S.
Access to your Personal Information
TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) will ensure that you can keep your personal information correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time on TheBarefootRunners.org. You can:
· View and edit personal information you have already given us
· Subscribe or unsubscribe to TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) email newsletters
· Change your preferences
BRS websites may, on occasion, contain links to other websites with information gathering practices different from our own. Visitors should consult privacy policies for all other websites, as BRS has no control over information submitted to or collected by such third parties. BRS websites sometimes offer contest, sweepstakes, or promotions sponsored or co-sponsored by third parties. These third parties may obtain PII that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the contest, sweepstakes, or promotion. BRS has no control over the third-party sponsor's use of this information. The BRS website will notify you at the time of requesting PII if third-party sponsors will be provided with such information.
Security of your Personal Information
TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Your personal information is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your unique User ID and Password, so do not share these with others.
TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) collects aggregated website-visitation statistics using cookies. When someone visits the website, a cookie is placed on the visitor’s machine (if the cookie is accepted) or the cookie is read if the visitor has visited the website previously. If your browser does not accept cookies from TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC)’s website, you will need to re-enter your personal information each time. Cookies are also used to ensure that you are not repeatedly sent the same banner ads and to customize webpage content based on your browser type (Netscape or Microsoft Explorer, for example). Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you want to disable cookies, there is a simple procedure in most Internet browsers that allows you to turn off cookies. Please remember, however, that cookies may be required to allow you to use certain features of our websites.
The usage of TheBarefootRunners.org is restricted to those users over age 13. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information about children under the age of 13. If TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) learns that a child under the age of 13 is using TheBarefootRunners.org, the child's account will be closed and information collected about the child will be deleted. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) may choose to retain the child's e-mail address as a means to prevent the child from re-registering with TheBarefootRunners.org.
Acceptable Use Policy for Forums and Blogs
TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) forums are open and dynamic – changing in real time. Therefore it is not possible for us to vouch for the validity of all content posted. TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) is not responsible for any messages posted or the consequences of following any advice offered within Forum posts. The views expressed in the posts you will find in these forums belong solely to their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC). You alone are responsible for the content of your message and the consequences of any such messages. If you find any Forum posts be offensive or objectionable, please contact us via email to the address offered as a contact for the Forums in question. We reserve the right but do not assume the obligation to restrict or prohibit your use of our websites if we believe you are violating any of the terms of the agreement and to remove, edit, or relocate any submission as we see fit whether for legal or other reasons. You understand that by using a BRS website, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. If you contribute any graphic images or photographs, you accept all liability for any model or property release issues that may arise from an individual or trademarked property in the content. You will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
By using these Forums, you agree to the following:
· You will not harm minors in any way.
· You must not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.
· You must not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, “stalk” or otherwise harass another.
· You must not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
· You must not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to websites that contain such content.
· You will respect other people's right to personal privacy and will not post any other person's identifying information (including their names, contact information, and any other relevant information) within the forum.
· You will not use these forums to violate any laws, discuss illegal activities, promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals;
· You must not impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a BRS official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
· You must not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service or develop restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page), nor collect or store personal data about other users.
· You will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party.
· You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems.
· You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited in the Forums. You will not, furthermore, collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending them any such advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, messaging programs, etc.).
· You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any Forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").
· You will not attempt to access any protected sections of the websites or Forums, nor make use of any hacks, cracks, bug exploits, etc. to bypass or modify the features of the forum software at any TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) website.
· You will, if asked by a representative of the Forums, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the staff of the Forums.
· You will not engage in commercial activities without the express written consent of BRS This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
-offering for sale any products or services; -soliciting for advertisers or sponsors; -conducting raffles or contests that require any type of entry fee; -displaying a sponsorship banner of any kind, including those that are generated by banner or link exchange services; -displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their websites.
· You will not interfere with or disrupt the servers or networks connected to the BRS website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the website.
You acknowledge that we acquire all Rights to use any posted materials as described above so that we do not violate any Rights you may have in materials you post. By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this service (collectively "the content"), you are granting TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC), its successors and assignees, a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, adapt, reproduce, transmit, publicly perform or display any such content on the website to which it was contributed (or successor website), as we see fit in any medium and for any purpose in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. In plain English, you allow us to continue to display your contributions to the website. You also permit any other user to access, display, and print such content for personal use. You vouch that any material you submit does not violate, plagiarize, or infringe upon the right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, or proprietary rights. If non-original content is included in your posting, you must obtain permission from the content owner and attribute it.
Copyrights and Copyright Agent
BRS respects the rights of all copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied and used on one of our websites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide BRS’s Copyright Agent the following information required by Section 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act:
· A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
· Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single on-line website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website;
· Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
· Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
· A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
· A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
BRS's Copyright Agent may be contacted by using the Contact link located on this website.
Changes to this Statement
TheBarefootRunners.org (Barefoot Runners Society®, LLC) will occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the bottom of the privacy statement.
Questions, Comments, Concerns
If you have any questions or comments about our use of Personal Information, please visit our Contact Us page. We will use reasonable efforts to promptly investigate any complaint you may have regarding our use of Personal Information.
Last updated on 10/11/13