2019 International Barefoot Running Day™ (IBRD™)
How to Get Your Event Noticed
Thanks to the work of local event organizers like you the 9th annual International Barefoot Running Day™ (IBRD™) is going to rock the world on Sunday, May 5, 2019.
Below are some things you, as a IBRD™ event planner, can do to get your event noticed more and perhaps increase the number of attendees to your event.
(If you have general organizational questions, please go to the FAQ Page for Local Event organizers.)
If you would like to use the BRS logo or IBRD artwork in your flyers, etc., please contact IBRD@TheBarefootRunners.org.
- Add the event to your BRS Chapter.
- Post at Barefoot Ken Bob's calendar- http://barefootrunning.com/?page_id=2; his home site is http://barefootrunning.com.
- Post at Barefoot Ted's discussion group http://groups.google.com/group/huaraches (You may need to create an account to do so, if you don't already have one.)
- Submit some press releases to your local news affiliates, and send them off to everyone, although you will each need to edit it with your particular event's details. Send an email to IBRD@TheBarefootRunners.org to get your press release template if you are ready for it.
- Contact your local running clubs to ask them if they could post a flyer or notice on their websites, in their newsletters, and allow you to distribute flyers at one of their upcoming meetings or meetups.
- Locate all of the online race calendars in your area to post your event there (for example, in Georgia, we have access to all sorts of online race calendars that cost nothing to use).
- Contact these national race calendars that have no fee as well:
- Run Walk Jog - http://www.runwalkjog.com/racesubmit.htm
- Running in the USA - http://runningintheusa.com/Race/Submit.aspx
- Cool Running - http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/5/5_1/index.shtml
- Runner's World - https://www.runnersworld.com/races-places/a20812537/websites-and-online-race-registration/ (You may need to create a login to see the online registration form.)
- Running Journal - http://www.running.net/calendar-0 (For those of you who are in the Southeast United States.)
Please contact IBRD@TheBarefootRunners.org if you have any questions.