Zems

Has anyone been running the

Has anyone been running the 360s? I cannot seem to find any reviews. I am looking for a shoe to run in during the winter, probably with thin wool socks. Thanks.

I have looked into the 360's

I have looked into the 360's as well and can't seem to find much for reviews either. I did find this thread http://www.facebook.com/zemgear which made me nervous about ordering them. You'll have to read through several of their threads. I think next month for my b-day though I will still order a pair to try them out because they are a very intriguing running shoe. If you find any additional reviews please post a link as I would love to see them as well.

I ended up ordering the H20s

I ended up ordering the H20s and they are delayed on production...not coming out until the end of September for shipment in early October.

I have them.  I only use them

I have them. I only use them when running on a short stretch of fresh chip-sealed road. I also wore them for a 7 mile run the other day because it was rainy and cold. Overall, I like them...but they are much tighter on my foot than the Ninjas. I can't wear them around all day because they are too tight for all day wear. I get actual imprints on the tops of my feet. The first time I wore them (for .5mi), I got two small blisters on the inside of my arches. Over time, my feet have gotten used to that and toughened up (I wear them for .5 miles of every run). When I wore them for my 7 mile run, I got a blister on top of my pinky toe and on the bottom of another toe. I doubt that I could wear them for long runs without going through some pain from blisters, which is unfortunate, because the weight of the shoe is fantastic. If it fit just like the Ninjas, it would be an awesome tool, but for me, they are good for only limited use. I like them because I can roll them up into a small ball and velcro them to my SPI belt and enjoy the bulk of my run barefoot.

My Moc3s are superior by far, and if I could roll them up as neatly, I would kiss my 360s goodbye.

Hope that helps!

Fet, could you use a larger

Fet, could you use a larger size?

Barefoot TJ wrote:Fet, could

Barefoot TJ said:
Fet, could you use a larger size?

I really don't think so. My complaint really isn't with the length. Which is kind of weird, because I think I have pretty average feet...my arches are probably on the lower side too. It's an interesting thought (one I hadn't considered) and if I was trying them on in a store, I'd probably try the next size up. I guess that's one of the huge drawbacks of online ordering!

Jimmy Hart wrote:it is a

Jimmy Hart said:
it is a rubber. the same rubber they are using on the soles runs up to cover those areas. it's all once piece. it's fairly flexible but stiff and protective at the same time, if that makes any sense.

Jimmy, do they still have a seam running along the bottom of the foot or does the rubber sole curve around the sides?

I have a pair of the 360s,

I have a pair of the 360s, not the ninjas, the single pocket. I initially (meaning the first 10 minutes) didn't like them. they felt funny around my toes, but whatever issue that was it appears to be gone now because I can't really remember what it was that I didn't like. I just remember putting them on and thinking meh not impressed.

I did a lot of walking with them in Europe over the past month. Not much running. I've run in them maybe 6-8 times now? Something like that. They are pretty great. They stay put, lots of toe room. Super fast to put on and off which was important because I tend to go back and forth between barefoot and them quite often and this was the major benefit to them over the huaraches.

My complaints- the toe rubber piece is coming off. Its a 60 dollar shoe or something, and its breaking on me after a month? WTH not impressed. I haven't even done any trail running them or anything. Also its made from the same upper as the old kind and it makes it really really bad in water. I knew this though when I bought them so I can't really complain about that aspect too much. Its just worth noting if you didn't have the old ones.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be running in the more now so I might add to this.

@ajb--Your experience sounds

@ajb--Your experience sounds like other experiences I've read about on ZEM's FB page. People seem to love running in the 360s but there seem to be some issues with the quality of construction.

I'm hoping the H2Os will be sturdier, which is the main reason I chose them. (They are also a smidge cheaper than the 360s.) Unfortunately, there have been so many production delays. They were supposed to be in the warehouse at the end of September. I checked last week, and they told me, "It will be another 3 weeks until we get them into our warehouse. This was an unexpected delay. We are working to see if we can get them sooner though."

With it being a small company, they just don't have the ability to get stuff to market as quickly as, say, Merrell. But I tried the Merrell Pace Gloves recently, and the toe box was just a little snug for my taste. So I'm still hoping that the H2Os will work for me. If they give me 300 miles I'll be happy.

To add to your point Beth

To add to your point Beth they also have all their production in China as far I know and China isn't necessarily in a booming economy right now. My understanding is that it's causing issues for a lot of companies..especially the smaller ones who do business over there. Hopefully that can be rectified but until then I think a lot of business is going to be slowed and hurt by the world trying to bounce back from economic issues.

Well, folks, I cancelled my

Well, folks, I cancelled my H2O order. I'm kind of sad about it, but The Clymb was having an amazing deal on VivoBarefoot...I just ordered some Evos for $63 shipped. Hopefully I'll like them.

I'm still keeping ZEM in mind, but I just couldn't pass up this deal...and there won't be any production delays on the Evos! :)

You've been waiting quite

You've been waiting quite awhile on those Zems havent you? Thats one of the things I worry about with them, but I would love to give them a try. Hopefully you will like the Evo's. I hear good things about them. I have the Neo's, which I like, but I am starting to fall out of love with them. They are good, wide throughout whole foot, but there is just not very much groundfeel despite the fact that I took out the insole and , I don't know, something that bothers me that I can't quite put a finger on. I think they do have a good product line though over all from everything I have heard and read.

@Nick--Seems like I've been

@Nick--Seems like I've been waiting forever on the ZEMs!! I appreciate your feedback on the Evos. I hope to love them; we'll see. I was most concerned about whether or not the toe box would be wide enough, so I'm glad to hear you feel it is nice and wide.

Nick- I have given up on

Nick- I have given up on ZEM's for now too.. I have a pair of VivoBarefoot Kali's.. so far so good... will write a review when I get some more miles underfoot. I have been running true bare... and I had a bit of a delay while I got some moleskin- the same spot shoes used to give me blisters on the back of my ankle was getting rubbed in these too. I agree- I think I get more groundfeel in my Merrell's so far, but that could be that they are more worn, why I am delaying a review a bit longer..

Soooooo I'm thinking I will

Soooooo I'm thinking I will get either the o2 or the 360 and want to know which one would be best for mostly street running with socks for when it is too cold to run outdoors BF.

Input and opinions welcome.

I did get an email from Zem saying that since I have been on the LIST for the H2o for so long they will sell me something else at 15% off including shipping.

Peanut if you're gonna go for

Peanut if you're gonna go for the Zems then I'd say the 360 is your best bet for street running. The 02 is designed for indoor use and the seams still roll over the edge like the original ones. The sole is much more durable but you'd still run the risk of wearing through the material on the sides of the foot. The 360 has a sole that comes up over the material so it doesn't have ground contact and will be more durable on the streets.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts