ZEM shoes and Barefoot Training

Well Jimmy, if you have any

Well Jimmy, if you have any influence on Zem at all, how about getting them to produce a good durable, minimal running shoe at at a decent price? Say less than $70? They do that and they will knock Vibram to the side of the road. The prices for some of these shoes are crazy. I won't pay those prices and hope that others won't either.

miqie stay tuned.  i've had

miqie stay tuned. i've had some great talks with the company and i wont say too much just yet. i will say to stay tuned over the rest of the year and watch for some big things starting next year. i've entered into a partnership with the company and i am extremely excited for what's coming.

i will say migie that the footwear they have right now is a very viable minimal shoe option. i'm running in mine almost daily and i see no change in the wear on the sole. all the wear they have they got on the first 3 mile run and since then they just look the same.

Alright.  I can't wait.  I'm

Alright. I can't wait. I'm springing for a pair now! I still love my VFFs, but I have to wear socks with them. On really hot days when I need protection from the pavement I end up sweating my face off. These look a lot more breathable. I have high hopes since Jimmy runs in Texas!

They are sweet indeed.  Two

They are sweet indeed. Two more of my kids want some. I'll get some for them when the temps start to drop. I'm anxious to run in them because they are literally as light as a feather. Plus, they're funky looking, which is a huge bonus for me!

Groovy.  What are the soles

Groovy. What are the soles like? aqua socks? or the sealskinz socks I have? what would you compare them to?

Thanks, they look pretty cool, like most wouldn't notice how minimal they are.

belatedly read your review jimmy, what width size do you wear in normal shoes.... just wondering how wide they are. I wear at least EE so things like aqua socks don't feel very good to me.

Thanks

hmm i would want to say you

hmm i would want to say you should be ok because the upper is really flexible. i have a pretty wide foot but i think i'm only in the E category. i'll admit i've never really measured that but my old newbs say E in them.

given that i would think you would be ok with these shoes. the sole seam might bother you at first but once it gets worn in you should be like me and not notice it.

fetish i am glad you like them. i'm really getting behind this company as they have been great to me and i really enjoy the products. the shoes are extremely light and you are right...you wont notice them on your feet when you run.

Thanks Jimmy, I suppose $30

Thanks Jimmy, I suppose $30 to find out for sure isn't bad.
smile.png

I am in the hunt for a

I am in the hunt for a new winter shoe, and really like the looks of the Zem's. I ran in KSO's last winter but really have no desire to go back to them, they just are too much shoe for me now. I am moving away from Vibrams and looking for something different.

I figure I would need some type of footwear for only 4 months during the winter. I like the price on these as well. For snow I will just resort back to my KSO's.

adam i obviously have not

adam i obviously have not tried these in winter conditions since it's 100 plus here these days but i dont see why they would be a bad option. worst case scenario i can see myself throwing on a pair of injinjis and being more than warm enough for when the snow drops. time will tell of course but i cant foresee any issues with it.