Zeitgeist Half Marathon

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by happysongbird, Sep 17, 2013.

1. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I am exploring running this race as a slow training run in November (2nd). My husband and I are going to go see what the course feels like barefoot. http://www.zhalfmarathon.com

Dirty Bird and Barefoot TJ like this.
  2. PB Junkie Barefooters
    1. Idaho

Message Count:
    I've always wanted to run that one and even registered for it last year. I haven't been able to stay healthy/uninjured enough to do it and this year I'm not up to that mileage. :(

3. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Last night I was just sitting and talking with Greg about some long term goals of running a half barefoot, thinking about maybe in 6 months or 2 years, but he brought up that one and seems very interesting in it. As long as he is okay with me running my current slow pace, it should be fun. I am hoping this very slow base building will help keep me injury free, although I do have a very tender spot right now from a little splinter that I couldn't get out for a couple of weeks. It finally came out last night, but still hurts.

4. Dirty Bird Barefooters

Message Count:

I am curious to know if you have ran this course yet. I was wanting to run this race as well. I don't think full on skin to pavement is an option for me yet. My feet are only good for 1 to 2 miles depending on the grit of the road. Most likely most of the race will be in five fingers. I haven't found a running sandal that works perfectly for me. Are you still gearing up for you barefoot marathon?
    happysongbird likes this.
  5. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    We did not make it for this last year. It ended up being just too much for life at the time. I am still planning on doing the marathon here in 2 weeks. It depends on how my long run goes tomorrow, and I never had a chance to try the course, so I will carry my Luna's in case I hit some super rough stuff. I know I can run 26.2 barefoot, as I did it about a month ago, just don't know if it will work on this course. :barefoot:

6. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Don't know why I didn't see this last year! Anyway, hope you are staying in better health this year. Any races planned in the near future?

7. Dirty Bird Barefooters

Message Count:

What are your thoughts on the Luna Sandal? I am trying to find a sandal to run in along with mixing in some barefoot activity. The shamma sandals I picked up are not working work me. The sandal is not easy to adjust for the size of foot in morning versus at the end of the day (swelling)? Never new my feet swelled till I got these sandals. I am looking for a sandal that adjust easy, and I don't think I am real crazy about having something between my toes with sandals. I wish my feet were seasoned enough for all street but they aren't yet. With a general price of 100 bucks for a sandal, making a purchasing mistake gets costly.
  8. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I love my Luna's. They are my go to shoe for anything from biking to shopping when the circumstances require footwear and it is not so cold that I like my full Moc3's or soft star boots. I have been able to adjust them so that I have run for as far as 22 miles without any trouble. I did try wearing them with socks, like I know some here like to do for winter running, but the heel strap did keep slipping then and I didn't want to adjust it for socks because I rarely use them that way.

9. PB Junkie Barefooters
    1. Idaho

Message Count:
    Yes - I did the Fit One HM on 9/20 and I'm doing Zeitgeist HM on 11/1 :eek:

Best wishes for your marathon on Sunday!

happysongbird likes this.