Your goals for the summer? or beyond?

Oh, in addition to hiking Mt.

Oh, in addition to hiking Mt. Elbert I've decided to try and actually run the frontage road I've been walking on to toughen up my feet. (Gravel, but with enough dirt in between so that your foot sinks all the way down around the pointy rocks) Its only like a half mile long, but its pretty much the most evil gravel road I've ever experienced.

50 km Ultra in August66 km

50 km Ultra in August

66 km Ultra in September

50 km Ultra in October

12 hour Ultra (Max your distance) in October

All completed barefoot.

I'm very new to BFR. I just

I'm very new to BFR. I just hit 6 miles (total) last night with a 2 mile walk/run as a volunteer for the local Couch 2 5k class with CVRA.net (local running club). I was the only one barefoot and had a lot of new runners asking a lot of questions. Was fun.

My longest run so far has been 2 miles at a 10 min pace. That was on a paved bike/walk trail in town. It's asphalt or chip and seal or something like that... same as the trail we used last night.

My goal for the summer is to run the 5k at the end of this class barefoot. That will be on city streets in September. I ran it last year (as a student in the same class) in my VFF's (at just over a 10 min pace.)

That's my only summer goal other than continued weight loss. I'm down about 160 lbs so far and have another 11 lbs to go to my original goal... I don't plan on stopping there though. Want to see what's possible now :)

Last night I stayed near the end of the pack of 99 students who showed up for the class. I wanted to encourage the ones who were struggling the most. We were just doing 1 min slow run and 1.5 min walk intervals and the slow run was quite slose back there... anyway... that asphalt/chipseal surface sucks to go so slow on. Faster is definately better. For the first time I had some skin loss on one of my toes.

Didn't help any that I was focused more on chatting with the students than I was paying attention to my own form... was fun all the same and great to see so many eager to give running a try!

#1)  Avoid injury#2.) Run 9

#1) Avoid injury

#2.) Run 9 miles a week regularly

#3.) Do more trail running

#4.) Run with the group (even though I am the slowest by far -lol)

#5.) Convert my husband

#6.) Thinking of going to the Tillamook Burn, if only to absorb the motivational vibes! ;) But my VFFs are going with me cuz I am a big chicken!

I want to run the half

I want to run the half marathon in september in under 2 hours but that will be in vibrams.

I want to run the Wicked 10K on halloween as a barefoot caveman or a barefoot pregnant lady. (still trying to decide seeing as im a 6.2 guy.

I also signed up for a 50K in december but that will also be in vibrams or huaraches as I'm only up to 4 or 5 miles naked right now.

Now that I'm done with that

Now that I'm done with that stress fracture, I've been trying to ramp my long run back up to 5 miles. After that, I'll try to put speedwork back into my routine and see if I can make up the 2 minute gap in 5K race times between my current barefoot performance and last year's PR in Bikilas.

Sigh. After my triumphant ten

Sigh. After my triumphant ten mile May 1, I thought I'd dial back, work on core and on my house (big, big renovation) and just run for fun. Somewhere along the way, I developed a back/hip injury (was glad to see Jesse James' excellent blog post on this issue). Totally annoying, especially since I have always had an iron back and nver had pain at all. I can't run at all, basically. For awhile, I couldn't walk much and had to limit stairs. I'm better than that, but this one really creeped in on me. Since everything stresses the back/hip, I'm stuck, depressed and miserable. It doesn't surprise me that I have weakness now in this area since my sports hernia, but it sucks. I finally got out of my funk to start feeling around for getting some BRS events going. If I can't run, I can plan for others to run!

My friend just did the

My friend just did the Warrior Dash (I guess there's more than one) and she said several people were barefoot and that they all had an advantage in the mud. :)

My friend just did the

My friend just did the Warrior Dash (I guess there's more than one) and she said several people were barefoot and that they had an advantage in the mud. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test