You can run anywhere barefoot, anywhere.

Impossible BF races: Badwater and the Iditarod.

I am personally a BF wussie. I will happily don VFFs for most of my races. I don't like to hurt myself and if it's a race I don't like to handicap myself.

I'm all for going around barefoot, though I'm all too aware of the exceptions. In my neighborhood, it's the rare, tiny 2-3mm, pretty much invisible, shards of glass that get me. Sometimes I pluck out a piece, put on the shoes and go to work, only to have some discomfort later and extract another shard after digging with tweezers. Every sport has its hazards. It's all part of the adventure. I've started a collection.

Speaking of shards, I'll add jagged lava fields to the short list of places that cannot be traversed barefoot, hiking or running.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Impossible BF races: Badwater and the Iditarod.

Hardrock, Beast of Burden (winter version), Arrowhead, Twin Peaks, Bandera, Fuego y Agua, San Diego, Squaws Peak, Mont Blanc, Devil's Backbone, Quad Rock, Old Goat, HURT, Wasatch, Bear, Bighorn, Mogollon, Barkley, Desert RATS, Black Hills, Susitna, Wilson Creek, Grand Mesa, Grindstone, Sawtooth, Massanutten, Sawtooth, Zane Grey, Angeles Crest, San Juan, Cactus Rose, Grand Teton, Chimera... Hell, let's add Western States to the list, too.

What was I talking about again?

All of the indigenous populations known for their running prowess do not run barefoot (think Tarahumara, Native Americans, the persistence hunters in Africa, etc.).

All of the indigenous populations known for their running prowess do not run barefoot (think Tarahumara, Native Americans, the persistence hunters in Africa, etc.).
Change 'do' to 'did' and you're wrong, probably even wrong with the present tense, albeit in decreasing cases. Are you thinking of that one video with the bushmen in tennis shoes? What's your evidence for such a bold statement? Has the whole Kenyan thing been a hoax?