Wild Barefoot Runner

Loves it! And were you barefoot too? If so, I can imagine his surprise as well. Of course you told him about the BRS.

Yes, of course I was barefoot. I didn't really plan on going for a run, but I of course had all I needed with me (my feet). He was surprised as well. We chatted for a minute, and he continued on faster than me. I was so shocked at seeing him I didn't think of mentioning BRS! Dammit! I was kicking myself after he took off. Sorry TJ. Next time I'll be better prepared.

I've seen only one other barefooter 'in the wild' too (except for Hannah here but we coordinated to run a race so that doesnt count). It was the first time I ran at the metro park I used to run at frequently. I had thought to myself I had never seen a barefooter there so folks might be very surprised. So my first public display of barefootedness and there was another barefooter there already! She wasnt much into talking but I did mention BRS and she said she signed up but never got a confirmation email. Saw her twice more in passing on different occasions but I don't think she saw me or atleast no sign of it.

Oh and that trail looks fantastic, I'd love to run by the water like that.

I've mentioned several times that we should have our own Reality Series, but so far, none of you have taken me up on it. I even suggested the Oregon Chapter go first, but those folks are a little x-rated for even cable!

And "didn't receive a confirmation, my hiney!" Some people don't check their spam folders, so they think we don't contact them, but we do.

Reactions: jldeleon
That is awesome, I heard they harder to spot and more elusive than a Yeti. And yet you have photographic prove. :D
I've only spotted one once but I have seen their scat on trails.

Reactions: Agnesd
TJ,

Which reminds me...do we have new business card templates to access, yet? I really want to print some and carry them with me when I run.

Reactions: NickW
Hi Tristan, I just work really well with each membership applicant verifying them against spam databases, checking IPs, email addresses, etc., and so far, I've done well to keep the crap off the site. Through all that I find lots of people who don't check their spam folders or don't check the email account they applied with, etc.

Hi Jen, it would be nice to have some. Please check out this thread (http://thebarefootrunners.org/threads/brs-brochure-stuff.7401/), and if you can make some BRS business cards for us or know someone who can, that would be great. I just don't have it in me right now to do it. I can get them graphics and stuff, or they can borrow from that thread all the info they need. Thanks!

Reactions: jldeleon

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts