Who's Coming to Ann Arbor Burns Park Run IBRD May 4?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Longboard, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I know that a few said they can't make it this year, but who do we have committed so far?

2. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Seriously?
    We're going from having one of the largest IBRD events in the world to just the President and First Lady this year?

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  3. khyricat Barefooters

Message Count:
    Sorry, I can't make it while my grandmother is alive- I'm always traveling south that weekend... (Tuesday the 6th she turns 90). Actually- maybe next year will be far enough in advance of her birthday we can leave AFTER the run on Sunday- we'll have to see.. I'll be at the Flying Pig in Cincinatti this year! Hope someone else makes it!

4. Mark Wilkinson Barefooters
    1. Michigan

Message Count:
    Sorry, haven't been on here in a while! I will be there, though in poor, untrained, form. I am attempting the 10k again this year. I have only run 2-3 times since the snow started falling, so this should be "interesting". :)
    Barefoot TJ likes this.
  5. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    We're all in the same boat. Very undertrained. I was doing good during FL vacation but that's it. And by good I mean getting in a slow short run every once in a while!

6. sumdeus Barefooters
    1. Michigan

Message Count:
    I'll be there, doing the 5k.
    Barefoot TJ likes this.
  7. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    We're on the event diagram as of a few hours ago. That will make it really easy for everyone to meet up.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  8. jones Barefooters
    1. Michigan

Message Count:
    Sorry I have been out of touch. Feels like I just finished shoveling snow last week and haven't run much, but don't see a problem with a 5 or 10K. I plan on being there. I will try to get in touch with a few others to see if they might be able to make it.
    Barefoot TJ likes this.
  9. jones Barefooters
    1. Michigan

Message Count:
    Longboard do we have an official count for Saturday? I would like to make it worth my time to take the ride to A2 on a Saturday morning.
  10. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    My wife and I will both run the 5K, Wilkinson is confirmed, Eric said possibly, in the past his wife and daughter have always made it as well.......HEY ERIC........We need you to boost our numbers by three or more.......make it at least an "almost for sure"! The only confirmed "no's" are Ami and Patrice (both out of town)
    I've got the banner, tables, books, and magnetic signs ready to go, it will be worthwhile regardless of how many people show up......we definitely generated interest last year with a half dozen shedding their shoes for at least part of their races simply because they saw us and our display. Remember, we also made the Washtenaw Voice with pictures of two on the spot converts.

11. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    SUNDAY Jones, not Saturday!

12. Eric Cooper Barefooters
    1. Michigan

Message Count:
    Nope. I won't be there. Got an epic all night party the night before. I've been running barefoot lately. Not enough.
  13. scedastic Barefooters

Message Count:
    Wish I could. It's a 2-3 hr drive and I have my kids all weekend. Not sure they are up for a 5k. Maybe.
  14. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Yep, we've got our youngest of three's University graduation party at our home going on all night Saturday, and due to the winter and other obligations (our daughter and granddaughter have been living with us for a few weeks now) Diane and I are both WAY under-trained.
    But we'll be there!
    To get our spot and set up before the roads close we'll be there by 7:00 am, and we're driving from Detroit.
    I'm hoping to be well rested with maybe three hours sleep.