What Luna Sandals to get?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by hankgooch, Jul 23, 2013.

?

What Luna Sandals to get for running Suburbs of Meridian?

Venado 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Mono 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Something Else 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hankgooch Barefooters
    1. Idaho

Message Count:
    I am wanting to order some Luna Sandals and not sure what style to get. I am looking at the Venado or the Mono. The Venado is thiner more ground feel but the Mono is thicker and looks like it holds up better. Any suggestions for running the Suburbs of Meridian?
    happysongbird likes this.
  2. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I have been interested in adding Lunas to my summer options. I have heard good things about them. Based on running in my Moc3s, which have about as thin a sole as possible, I would probably go with the thinner ones for better ground feel. I always enjoy running more with more ground feel and I find the thin soles are more than adequate to moderate almost all terrain. The only time they have seemed a bit "thin" was running on softball size sharp rocks in the Owyhee desert. I think PB Junkie would know more than I, but also you might start a thread on the wider forum. I know Nick W likes his a lot.

NickW likes this.
  3. mcmufftcp Barefooters

Message Count:
    If you are able to run with thin soles and are running roads, the thinner soled sandal should be fine. I have the Mono for trails. I also swapped out the ATS adjustable sandals for Traditional laces. I can find it difficult to get the proper adjustment to keep the heel strap on, especially when my feet swell during long runs or after long runs. The Traditional laces are super soft and comfy.

happysongbird likes this.