What is this "Smileys" box for?

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
I'm referring to the Smileys box right above this area where I'm typing now. What is it for? If I click on one, nothing happens. I have to click the little smiley icon in the toolbar next to spell check to get the pop-up box of smileys to use in this text.

I checked in both IE and Firefox and neither one of them seemed to do anything when I click on a smiley in the box above this text box.

You drag the smiley down to

You drag the smiley down to the area you're typing in. Weird set up I know, it took me a while to figure out too.

whoa WTF that's weird haha. 

:crown: :party:

whoa WTF that's weird haha. What's also weird is that the smileys pop-up from the tool bar has fewer, but different, smileys than in the box above. What's up with that?

Merruh Crimmus!! :santa:

*edit* and uh, the ones I just put in this one don't seem to be working. They're showing up as text only with colons on each side.

edited post above and now it

edited post above and now it works. Odd that dragging/dropping doesn't seem to work. Would be nice if clicking on one made the text and colons show up.

Dragging and dropping doesn't

Dragging and dropping doesn't work without exposing the code too. It's a Drupal bug, nothing we can do about it. That's why we enabled both sets of smilies, and the ones in the text editor box you type in are lame. Choose whichever you like. When we go to the new site, this shouldn't be a problem.

You can also just copy/paste

You can also just copy/paste the smiley into the text box.

Why didn't I think of

tired.png
Why didn't I think of that?
tired.png

I'm a fart smella smart

I'm a fart smella smart fella.

Hahahahahahahaha!  He said

Hahahahahahahaha! He said fart smella!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members