Weekly mileage Week 13 of 2012

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
Just over 2 miles this time. Decided to go ahead and start Week 4 of E25K which is:

4m run
2m walk
6m run
3m walk
4m run
2m walk

Made it through the first 4m run no problem (longest run so far at that point), then made it about 5m 20s of the 6m run. So that is now the longest run so far, coming from only 30-45s at a time just 2-3 months ago. The 2nd 4m run was not good, had to stop and just walk after only about a minute of that.

Oh well, will continue on Wednesday and see if I can go farther/longer. :)

*edit* remember this? Yeah this was less than 3 months ago http://thebarefootrunners.org/threads/i-feel-like-im-regressing-in-my-running-progress.4060/

7.73 miles barefoot today. Man I forgot how good it felt to run in the sun this winter. Was absolutely amazing out today despite me getting lost a little. Found a great new route though!

Woohoo I just measured my 5m 20s run - almost 1/2 mile! Such a huge improvement for me.

Tried again with Week 4 today, and man I just was not feeling it today. I made the whole first 4m run, but then during the 6m run I stopped to walk after only the first minute. I started running again but again only for about a minute. I probably only got about 3m out of the 6m period. Then the second 4m run I stopped to walk again after the first minute, but started running again after another minute and finished the rest of it.

So even though I didn't feel as good about the whole thing today, I actually ended up doing the 2-mile circuit in less time than on Monday, so that's cool I guess. I think I probably ran about 10 minutes total vs. 9m 20s on Monday. Any progress is good progress I suppose.

I realized Monday I had some shredded wheat with fresh strawberries for breakfast, whereas yesterday and today I only ate an orange and some strawberries. Not sure if the lack of protein and fiber as compared with Monday could be the reason for me getting worn out sooner today than I did before.

15 miles this week. Poked a hole in the ball of my right foot somewhere along my route! First time thing for me.

Weekly totals... 13 miles barefoot paved roads....8 miles minshoes on trails. Still switching back over to full time barefoot for the summer.

About 2.2 miles this time. Still haven't matched the 5m 20s running segment I went on Monday, but this time I did complete both 4m segments and 3.5m of the 6m segment. So that's 11.5 minutes total running today, which is still an improvement over both Monday and Wednesday.

It was drizzling and wet outside, and I wanted to go BF, but decided to go in VFF's due to still dealing with my foot that got punctured by a thorn Wednesday evening.

Did an unplanned 7 miles barefoot this morning, 5 on wet pavement and 2 on muddy trails...first barefoot trail running of the year.

A fairly good week for me

84km on the bike
33km on my feet
2 hours of yoga and swimming

Ran/walked (okay, hobbled) 1.82 miles. (Longest distance since the surgeries.) Tweaked my knee going up a teensy-weensy hill. Surely due to the fact that I am so out of shape. :(

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test