Monday July 26 - 4 mi. run in Bikilas

Tuesday July 27 - 3 mi. barefoot walking on gravel driveway

Wednesday July 28 - 3 mi. run in Bikilas

Thursday July 29 - 5 mi. run in Bikilas, 1 mi. walk barefoot on running track

Friday - off

Saturday - 5 mi. run in Bikilas, 1 mil. walk barefoot on gravel driveway

Sunday - off

Weekly totals: Running in Bikilas = 17 Walking barefoot = 5

I would try the runs barefoot, but I'm nursing a large (silver dollar) blister on the ball of my right foot. I picked up that gem 2 weeks ago, running barefoot on the running track (one of those textured rubber jobs). I'm sure my form was mostly to blame. I'm trying not to push off...

I have a 1/4 marathon & 5K back to back this coming weekend and I'm trying to get some miles under my belt (or actually "on my soles"). I don't know if I'll be able to run them or not. My Sat. run this last week ended with my right calf cramping (I think...but it does hurt). I would hate to leave my first barefoot road race w/cramps. Don't want to give the dark side any more ammo.

I thought maybe I would run the 5K barefoot (it is first) then do the 1/4 marathon in my Bikilas. But then yesterday the blister started loosening up, and I'm afraid the skin is going to come off (with my luck, probably the morning of the run!) and I won't have time to toughen it up. So I may try and do both races in my Bikilas.

I think the cramping may have to do w/hydration (I hope...that one is easy to fix!).

Pretty good week - got in 15

Pretty good week - got in 15 miles. 4 Tuesday, 2 Wednesday, 3 Thursday, 3 Friday and 3 Saturday. The coolest thing was running 5 days in a row with no pain or discomfort. Shooting for 18 miles this week.

3 mile runs are starting to be easy-breezy, like I could do another one at night. Still shooting for a 20 mile week in August, and finishing a 10K.

7.7 mi this week, all of it

7.7 mi this week, all of it on Monday and Wednesday. The latter part of the week I moved to a new apartment so I hope I'll have time to run now that that's done.

Not a bad week for me 8k, 8k

Not a bad week for me 8k, 8k and 8k barefoot.

Moving to 9k this week.

Right calf is way sore after yesterday...2k swim, 3ok bike and 9k barefoot run.

Today, I sat around the pool, read, caught some rays....drank some wine.....aaaaaggggghhhhh.

Getting there, James.

Getting there, James.

Great job everyone,

Great job everyone, especially considerring its such a busy time of year. I'm so far behind...its already Wednesday and I am just getting to report my miles for last week.

Sunday 4mile temp run...vff's

Monday off

Tuesday 8 mile tempo run...vff

Wed off

Thursday 4.5 miles interval training at the track...BF

Friday off

Saturday 16.6 mile long run in vff's. Ran the last part of the 100k ultra trail I'll be running on August 14th.

Grand total of 33.1 miles for the week. Tapering and just trying to stay healthy. I'm racing a 5k trail race on Saturday, then running the 100 next weekend.

Good luck with both of those

Good luck with both of those races, DD!

19.31 miles this week. Of

19.31 miles this week.

Of that 19.31 miles, I tried my first 6 mile run, but had to stop and walk (hobble) after 4 miles. I am not sure why I wasn't able to make it. It was after work, and I am in the military and had to wear boots all day long, but I made sure and waited a while so that my feet weren't "moist" and soft. Also, it was pretty hot out, and I think I might have been at a slightly faster pace when I was running on the sidewalk, but I thought for sure I could do 6 miles. I did 6.23 three days later...then 7.08 three more days later.