barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Have to start reporting before I forget :p

Sunday 4mi barefoot

Monday 1hr Belly Dance (taught), 1hr Latin Dance

Tuesday 1.5hr Zumba (taught)

Wednesday 5mi barefoot

Thursday spur of the moment sub for another instructor (1hr zumba)

Friday 1hr Zumba (taught)

Saturday 1hr Zumba, 30min Ab Attack (taught both) REALLY hoped to get a run in, but I'm not sure it'll happen. Firstly, I'm a bit whooped. Secondly, have a party to attend in 5hrs and have to make food, attempt laundry, watch kids while dh does yoga, harvest veggies, shower and get ready for party.

Sadly, mileage for me this week is only 9mi.

Just started running

Just started running barefoot. Have been blessed to work from home, so I've been barefoot inside for the last year and a half. Used to hate running. Running meant pain and I couldn't understand why people liked to run. At one point I could barely walk without pain in my "fallen arches." inserts, special shoes, cortisone injections, everything but Forest Gump leg braces, and my feet still hurt. Then I saw about walking on the balls of your feet and then running.... so I started on the treadmill in our basement, and despite the Silence of the Lambs setting of our unfinished basement, I was in bliss. For the first time.... I was running without pain and LOVING IT. My wife was amazed and can't believe that I crave running. I used to think that runner's high meant that you have to be high to desire something so painful on your joints. I now realize why I was wrong... my feet were imprisoned in a Nike prison with no chance of parole. But I digress..... I made it 13 miles this first week and have to restrain myself from running more. I had a chance to run in the pouring rain so I pushed it a little too much (2.5 miles.)

forgive me for my longevity... I'm just excited to be free.

I'm at 11 tough miles for

I'm at 11 tough miles for this week so far, looking ahead to Sunday for another run. 4.4 totally bare on chip and sea at too fast a pace (ouch!) and then 6.7 with hills thrown in last night on my still tender feet. Last two weeks were 12 and 14. I'm thinking another 4-5 miler on Sunday depending on how I feel. I will be a race volunteer in the morning so that might cut into my energy.

Bare, you crack me up.  Glad

Bare, you crack me up. Glad you're here.

Just ended the first week of

Just ended the first week of my Running Bare (foot) for Breast Cancer 100 mile challenge. I finished the week with 8.60 miles and all barefoot. Yay me! My goal per week is 7.69 miles. Not bad for someone who hasn't been running regularly for a year or two.

Sherri

Woot Woot, Sherri!  That's

Woot Woot, Sherri! That's the way to keep on top of the mileage.

Awesome mileage folks!! Bare,

Awesome mileage folks!! Bare, love your story! Inspiring to all :)

Sunday 4mi barefoot

Monday 1hr Belly Dance (taught), 1hr Latin Dance

Tuesday 1.5hr Zumba (taught)

Wednesday 5mi barefoot

Thursday spur of the moment sub for another instructor (1hr zumba)

Friday 1hr Zumba (taught)

Saturday 1hr Zumba, 30min Ab Attack (taught both) REALLY hoped to get a run in, but I'm not sure it'll happen. Firstly, I'm a bit whooped. Secondly, have a party to attend in 5hrs and have to make food, attempt laundry, watch kids while dh does yoga, harvest veggies, shower and get ready for party.

Sadly, mileage for me this week is only 9mi.

Hang in there George.  We all

Hang in there George. We all go through ups and downs with running, shoes or not.

Tues- 1/2 mile run BFThurs-

Tues- 1/2 mile run BF

Thurs- 3/4 mile run BF

Sat- 1 mile BF

Mon, Wed, and Fri- some BF walking, varying distances

Every day includes a 6 mile round trip bike ride to the park where i do my BF runs/walks

Tomorrow and monday rest days to let my sore soles recover...

Tues. 7/27 - 3.05 miles

Tues. 7/27 - 3.05 miles -BFR

Thur. 7/29 - 2.66 miles - BFR

Sat. 7/31 - 3.25 miles - BFR - MY FIRST EVER 5K+ - Kick Ass!

8.96 miles - BFR total for the week.

Everyday BF walking.

I'm aerobic base training right now so my pacing is VERY slow even by my newbie standards... but, I feel like I'm getting there.

S. Pimp.

You guys ARE getting

You guys ARE getting there! Great work...or FUN!

Not sure how this happened

Not sure how this happened since I thought it was a cutback week but I somehow got in 42 miles. Some Treks and lots of Lunas.

(I go by the Dailymile week which is Mon-Sun)

July was a good month with a reported 133 miles.

Sunday 9 Monday 6 Saturday 6

Sunday 9 Monday 6 Saturday 6 all bare. I am planning on going all bare until my feet cannot take the cold. I know this is going to effect my total miles but if I am going to give this a fair evaluation I think it is time to go to the dark side. Have fun this week!

jschwab wrote:I'm at 11

jschwab said:
I'm at 11 tough miles for this week so far, looking ahead to Sunday for another run. 4.4 totally bare on chip and sea at too fast a pace (ouch!) and then 6.7 with hills thrown in last night on my still tender feet. Last two weeks were 12 and 14. I'm thinking another 4-5 miler on Sunday depending on how I feel. I will be a race volunteer in the morning so that might cut into my energy.

I ran 2 more last night to the gym and worked out. I thought about running back but I was beat (I volunteered working the course at a local triathlon for 6 hours an had been up at 4:45 and on my feet for 6 hours).

So, that makes 13 for this week. After Tuesday and Thursday's rough runs, I wanted to keep the mileage low. 8.7 with water shoes and 4.4 totally bare.

Well, my week was

Well, my week was less-than-stellar (I was hoping for a Tues/Thurs/Sat schedule):

Tuesday: 20 minutes. First 'boring' barefoot run I've had - you know, the kind where you're not excited to go, you don't really feel "it" while you're running, and after, you just feel tired, instead of tired-yet-invigorated. I had to remind myself that I'm lucky that I can run again.

Wed, Thurs, Friday: Pain in the forefront of the foot... It didn't feel like it was that "normal" pain in muscles that you get from the training effect, so I skipped running.

Saturday (today): Just got back from my 20 minutes. I thought it was cool enough to run midday, but that pavement was HOT. I'm hoping I did no damage to the skin... And now, after cool-down, I think I'm feeling the dreaded TOFP. No fair! I took THREE rest days!

So, in summary, 40 minute/2 run week, backed off due to pain, hoping it's all gonna be okay, worrying that it might not be.

edited to add: that makes for a month total of 163 minutes (or 2:43). Can't wait to see what August looks like :)