Weekly mileage w/e 7/18

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Brace yourselves! I have a report:)

Thursday 7/15: 1/2mi run barefoot!!! Felt awesome! :party:

Woot!  Woot!  Has it been 6

Woot! Woot! Has it been 6 weeks already?

cheer.gif

Nice job on reaching a weekly

Nice job on reaching a weekly mileage pr Nox! I love that when that happens.

TJ, it's been 5.5 weeks ;) Crazy eh?

Keep up the nice runs all!

Good morning to all you

Good morning to all you barefoot wackos. This week, 7k, 7k, 8k. All barefoot. 8k is my longest yet. Whoohoo!

smile.png

My week:  Tuesday - 20

My week:

Tuesday - 20 minutes

Saturday - 22 minutes (with just one 1-minute walk break, which has become more of a chance to check in with my feet & form instead of an aerobic slowdown)

So, just 42 minutes this week, but it's the second week of no blisters & no injuries. I'm hoping to run every other day next week, but I'm trying not to think of it as a 'goal' since my feet may or may not be up to that much.

14 miles this week, as I inch

14 miles this week, as I inch back to my shod levels of 30+ miles a week. The 14 miles includes a 5K race this morning (Saturday), which I ran in 22:30. Sort of a BF PR - I ran a bf 5K last year in 20:24 but cut my feet so I don't like to call it a PR. The best part is no injuries, no blisters, no limping. Even had to run a half-mile back to the race start which was no problem.

Came in 25th out of 129 runners, so that is pretty good. Only BF at the race, but my friend Chris ran in VFF's in his first 5K ever. Congrats Chris!

Excellent progress you're

Excellent progress you're making there, James.

No blisters and no injuries means you are working on a good form, George. Keep it up.

Wow, Fred, another fast barefoot runner to brag about. I am impressed. I am a turtle and will never know what that feels like, to run that fast barefoot, but at least I can live vicariously through all you fast BFRs.

dealing with some back pain

dealing with some back pain so cancelled the weekend runs and didn't get the mileage that I wanted. Oh well, there's always next week and beyond.

7/11: 10 classics (may have done 12 but no one had a garmin)

7/13: 11 bare

7/14: 4.4 classics

7/15: 6 bare; 5 classics

7/16: 5 treks

Nice to have you back zumba

Shack, bummer about the back

Shack, bummer about the back soreness. A good massage help? Nice mileage regardless

Fred, kick ass job!

Excellent progres George, do you usually go by minutes rather than mileage?

You too James, your runs are nice and consistent looking. It sure feels good to reach those new distances isn't it?

My week:

Monday: 1hr belly dance, 1hr zumba practice

Tuesday: 30min zumba practice, 1hr zumba

Wednesday: 1hr zumba practice

Thursday: .5mi run with kids, 1.5hrs zumba and walking around down town all day barefoot

Friday: 1hr zumba

Saturday: 30min drunk zumba:p

Sunday: 2.25mi barefoot run!

Thanks for the encouragement,

Thanks for the encouragement, Zumba and TJ!

Measuring by time just sort of happened when I moved. My phone has a clock on it (and no one ever calls me, so it's not an interruption), and I haven't really mapped out any routes here. Out & backs are super easy to do by time - just turn around a little after half the time and count whatever is left over when the time's up as a cooldown.

Plus, since it's new for me, I can avoid comparing with the distances I used to do... mostly. (I miss my weekly long run like an addiction!)

This is the first time I've really wanted to join a milage thread - it's awesome to see how everyone is doing! A lot more motivational than I expected.

:)

NICE Zumba and

NICE Zumba and Abide!!!

This week I will break 20 miles for the first time EVER... let alone barefoot; which I have only been doing about 6-7 months. In fact, I have now surpassed my shod running performance... except for pace. I am still slower barefoot, but I love running now MORE.

Monday: 8 miles

Tuesday: no run

Wednesday: 4 miles

Thursday : 3.5 miles

Friday: no run

Saturday: 5.5

Edited to update... 21 total for the week... weekly dr :)

That's a great way of looking

That's a great way of looking at it George, I bet it's easier to transition that way. I should have done that, it's easy to get caught up in "mileage"

Tuesday: 5.0 miles, 1 bare,

Tuesday: 5.0 miles, 1 bare, rest in beach shoes (runner's high, great pace, second best run ever!)

Thursday: 3.5 miles, in beach shoes because it was mid-day and 90+ degree on pavement

Sunday: 5.8 miles, 3 bare, rest in beach shoes

14.3 miles, with 4 of them bare, but I am not counting running drills done barefoot (1-2 miles). Tonight, after 2 on pavement and 1 bare on treadmill (gym is on my running route tonight, so I did the middle 2 miles inside), my feet protested and I switched to shoes. Wondering how long it will take to be able to do a medium run (4-7 miles) bare and not have to carry shoes.

Fred, we are at the same

Fred, we are at the same place - 14 moving up to 30+. I am hoping to be at 30-35 by the end of the year, but I don't know if my schedule allows for those midweek longer runs yet. I used to be able to cram in a nine-miler Tuesdays, but these days? We'll see... I am way slower than you so it all takes longer :)

If Zumba can report on her zumbaing, let me also report I've been doing alot of weights and strengthening. Last Sunday I flipped a tractor tire (325 lbs?) five times! Threw out my injury in the meantime, but it feels good to be back to doing something fun. I used to throw it out doing dumb stuff, like swimming or twisting, so it taking flipping tires to throw it out is a huge improvement! I see the surgeon next week, so it's all good information for when I say, thanks but no thanks - don't want the surgery.

jschwab wrote:Tuesday: 5.0

jschwab said:
Tuesday: 5.0 miles, 4.5 bare, rest in beach shoes (runner's high, great pace, second best run ever!)

Thursday: 3.5 miles, in beach shoes because it was mid-day and 90+ degree on pavement

Sunday: 5.8 miles, 3 bare, rest in beach shoes

14.3 miles, with 7.5 of them bare, but I am not counting running drills done barefoot (1-2 miles). Tonight, after 2 on pavement and 1 bare on treadmill (gym is on my running route tonight, so I did the middle 2 miles inside), my feet protested and I switched to shoes. Wondering how long it will take to be able to do a medium run (4-7 miles) bare and not have to carry shoes.

I messed up and this is the only place I'm logging so I have to over-post (sorry!). The Tuesday run was actually mostly bare, not in water shoes. (That's why it was such a good run)

Posted on Rick's:I had 16

Posted on Rick's:

I had 16 miles this week; BF = 7.2 and VFFs = 8.8
The nerves are still extremely hypersensitive in my feet from the cryosurgery, forcing me to don VFFs occasionally to finish my runs. The negative, aside from not being able to enjoy the pure sensation the earth provides, is my form completely goes out the window whenever I have to wear minimalist shoes. I'm just not a gifted runner; in order to run my best, I have to be barefoot. I will carry socks with me next time to see "again" if that would be better than VFFs, offer just enough deafening of the nerves without losing form. I miss being able to run pure, to run true, to run free.
Thanks for the shoulder.
I can't wait to get back to my 30 - 40 mpw.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts