Weekly mileage Turkey Week (Nov. 28)

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
What are your feet up to?

got in an interesting 7 this

got in an interesting 7 this AM...started "slow," couldn't find my grove, at mile 3 was going to call it at 5....but finally loosened up at 3.5 miles and enjoyed the last half of my run immensely....on mile 6 I saw a group of 7 people running together a block ahead of me, when I caught up with them, asked if I could run with them. I only did so for about half a block, when I realized they were running way to slow for me...so I took off, and it was only then they noticed I didn't have shoes on :)...one "Dude, where are your shoes?" another "I heard that's supposed to be a great way to run." and a third "Maybe we should try that!".... best encounter I've had from other runners who I didn't know yet!!

Oh, yeah, I did the 7 miles in 60 min, and felt I could have gone another 3-5 easily, but 2 hours of Kung Fu class was about to start, and I'd miss out on all the push-up variations and ab work I love!! Oh, and not to mention the all the other cool physical stuff we do in Kung Fu :).

Total Miles = 7.5 (1:18)Shod

Total Miles = 7.5 (1:18)

Shod Miles = 2ish....

Well, I've been running the same boring 1/2 mile blocks for the last 3 weeks, so tonight I decided to switch it up a bit. I went the other direction for 1 mile on sidewalks, then headed north on the excercise trail that runs through downtown. I figured I'd see some more runners and that would help motivate me a little more. Only saw two runners. Not much motivation. And at about 1.5 (1/2 mile onto the trail) I had to stop and put my Zems on. The ground was all chipseal and it was getting dark and I couldn't navigate the cracks too well.

Once I had my shoes on, I picked up the pace a little, but tried really hard to maintain good form. I had intended to run to what I had determined to be the 4mi mark on the trail, turn around and go the same way back. However, at about the 3.5 mile mark, I started to notice an uncomfortable burning sensation on my left arch. I'm sure this was because my feet were sweating like mad in the shoes. I figured I'd better stop, ditch the shoes and turn around while I could still comfortably run.

I detoured off the trail at about 4.5 miles and headed back a different way along the smooth sidewalks. It was now very dark and it seemed that every tree along the way was dropping all kinds of seeds. I'm not sure what kind of tree they are, but the seeds/shells are about the size of B.B.'s and feel terrible!

That will teach me to try out a new run with twilight approaching! I'm pretty bummed about the Zems too. I thought I'd be able to run a lot further in them. Ohh well.....I bought a pair of VFF's this weekend and they should be here sometime this week. Hopefully, my feet will fare a little better in them.

Bummer the Zems didnt work

Bummer the Zems didnt work for you Jeep, that twilight approaches quickly now too doesn't it? Nice run!

Nice work Mike!

Cube, sounds like a nice run. I love it when I find new motivation and drive in the middle of a run. what are temps like your way, barefooting into the cold going well for you?

The college field house is open to the public, I'm going to start hitting that up for some runs. I've been running in socks during dry cold days, which is perfect..I'm surprised at how much I like it actually. Busy week here with picking up extra classes and Thanksgiving festivities every day from Thurs-Sun. Making the time for a run in is going to be like making chicken salad out of chicken shit

Sunday:1hr belly dance, 25min core

Monday: 1hr zuma

Planned (italics are the chicken salad)

Tuesday: 2hrs Zumba, 15min core

Wednesday: 1hr zumba (possible no class, 8:30 hasn't been a successful time), 1hr run on indoor track

Thursday: 1hr Zumba, 25min core + 1hr run on indoor track

Friday: 90min Zumba

Saturday: 1hr belly dance, long run at Dad's before partaking in turdunken

Healing. Slowly. Major

Healing.

Slowly.

Major bummer.

But at least the bone's healing; it feels good enough to be able to rest my body weight on the full ball of my foot now. Life should start to improve again at a much more pleasant pace in about 2 weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving - we all have much to be thankful for. I'll be with my family, I'll eat way too much great food, and so far as I know no one will be actively trying to kill me. Life's been worse.

Zum, except for a small

Zum, except for a small "colder spell" a few weeks ago (running in frost was awesome) it's been above 40 here, close to 50 often...so, no real cold weather yet :-(. my feet are doing fantastic though!

Sounds perfect for barefoot

Sounds perfect for barefoot SP, we're sitting at about 15 degrees right now. I fear my barefoot outside runs are few and far between until Spring now. Kudos to saypay for kickin it through this cold stuff.

15min ab ripper done, off to preschool and 2 zumba classes!

Still in sunny 

Still in sunny Ohio...

Waited until roads dried out so I could run BF- I think I ran somewhere between 5 1/2 and 6 miles just now-60F and beautiful- and another longest run BF-woohoo. I love low altitude and it was my PT ache that brought me in again, not my soles-my feet were loving the warm road!

3 miles today, first 2 miles

3 miles today, first 2 miles at a 7:30 pace, 3rd mile 9:00 pace alternated with walking. 32 degrees(warm feet, but numb toes) and windy, seems the sun has abandoned Ohio now.

Mike, I experience that now

Mike, I experience that now too...decent feeling feet..numb toes. Hopefully your sun returns soon

Monday: 1hr zumba Tuesday:

Monday: 1hr zumba

Tuesday: 2hrs Zumba, 15min core

Wednesday: 1hr zumba, 45min/~5.5mi run on indoor track (the track is awesome!! it's like painted asphalt will be excellent for keeping up conditioning throughout the winter. I'm absolutely thrilled to have this as an option.

Thursday: 1hr Zumba, 25min core and possible long run (2hrs) run on indoor track

Friday: 90min Zumba

Saturday: 1hr belly dance, possible track run if I can't swing an outdoor run at Dad's before turdunken

I ran in my huaraches for the

I ran in my huaraches for the first time last night after work in the city. They will take time getting used to, plus it was the first time in 9 months that I had any sort of footwear on. I hate footwear, not the huaraches, but just hate running footwear, period.

Ran 5 miles this morning, 33 degrees, in shorts and barefoot. I had a better run this morning than I did last night when it was 48 degrees. Barefoot running is king.

I am Signed up for a turkey trot tomorrow, my sister and I have been running this same race for the past 12 years. She is not doing it this year, so I think I just might race it. I will start with the 7:30 pace group and see what happens. Suppose to be below freezing, but if it doesn't rain I will be barefoot.

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 on the trail I took last

7 on the trail I took last week in VFFs...40ish degrees F....fun run :)....makes 14 for the week so far for me...

edit to clarify, I did not use the VFFs today...but that I ran the same route I did last week when I used VFFs, this time bare....

5k Turkey Trot this morning.

5k Turkey Trot this morning. Came in at 26:31. I think I could've finished a few minutes faster, but since it was my first race I started in back so I could see how it all went down. There was about 1500 runners/walkers and I was constantly trying to get around them. I had plenty of steam left going into the chute.

Awesome job Jeep!GL with the

Awesome job Jeep!

GL with the Turkey Trot Adam!

nice mileage Cube

3 miles barefoot, 28 degrees:

3 miles barefoot, 28 degrees: 1st 7:30, 2nd 8:30, 3rd run/walk. Regretted the last mile once I got inside, the toes got a bit too cold. :puzzled: Will have to remember not to stay out any longer than I can keep a brisk pace in the future.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts