WARNING: GRAPHIC SURGICAL PICTURES -- So, you wouldn't believe what the doctor found in my feet...

You so freaky!
I only slept a couple of hours last night, so those photos were a bit much. I'll come back when I've slept better.
But all the best on the recovery! Sounds like you got a great Doc. I'm still mad at the sports medicine orthopedist dork who misdiagnosed my TOFP--no harm I guess, but it has kept me, along with my own passivity, from finding the right cure for close to a year.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Sounds like all good news so far, TJ! Good Luck with the continued recovery!

I also have to add that I laughed out loud at "They even scanned my snowballs under some x-ray machine to make sure I wasn't packing anything extra there." It's just possible that there are some here who could misinterpret that...
You know I did. Cue third grade giggle attack.

Grow up! Both of you!

:D

So can they do anything about the fused joints in your toes? I have that in both of my big toes. I cannot curl them like normal people and they are pretty crooked. I am guessing that it probably happened when I was very young. I have not had a doctor specifically address them. Although when I went into the military I thought it was going to prevent me from enlisting for a bit. But since it didn't seem to affect my ability to run (I was a CC and track runner) they seemed to allow it. Anyway, just curious if it is something worth looking into.

For me, it's not a problem. I didn't even know they were like that. I can bend those toes just as well as the others. I wonder if he's not seeing calcium deposits from when I had hyperparathyroidism. I guess if you feel pain, then you should have it checked out; if not, I wouldn't worry about it. I mean, there's nothing they can really do about it.

Wow TJ,
I managed the first couple of photos thinking, of yeah, I could be a surgeon. Then I got to the ones on the soles and I just had to skip through them. I am glad you were under anesthetic while that was done. I'm just glad we have skin to cover over all those muscles and tendons, we are really scary inside, scary but brilliant.
I really hope this solves your problems once and for all. I knew you would find a way, as I said not all doctors know everything, you have to find the right ones.
Get well soon.

Neil

How did I miss the thread with pics? It's so cool to see inside live feet! Wow! Must be even more amazing when they're your own. It's incredible that something whose function is to support our entire weight is so beautifully delicate inside.
It's all sounding really positive. It's always good to be the exceptional case that the surgeon wants to share & show off about & he sounds like a real perfectionist too. Great (& amazing) that you can walk already, though if anybody needs to avoid TMTS...

I think that my fifth toes are biphalangeal. No problems here.
Biphalangeal fifth toe: an increasingly common variant?

That doc really seems to know what he's doing. There's no blood in those photos and very little on his gloves.
Eleven X-ray images (9.8%) of children and thirty-one X-ray images (11.8%) of adults revealed a biphalangeal fifth toe. The percentage of incidence of this anatomical variant in the South Indian adult population was less than that reported for European (35.5%) and Japanese (80.4%) populations, probably because South Indians are not a consistently shoe-wearing community. The incidence of this feature was significantly (p<0.001) higher in females probably due to use of improperly designed foot-wear.

I refuse to believe I am normal.

Congrats on getting yourself through the surgery with a surgeon who seems to really know what he's doing.
I enjoyed the pics. They were a bit daunting at first, but it was fascinating.
I also kept thinking OUCH with incisions so deep and all that manipulation, recovery was bound to be horrible. So glad to know your feet are not in any extreme pain as you heal.
YAY!

TJ - my God, the s*** you're going through here, I wanna say "I fee your pain", but of course I don't, and that'd be a dumb thing to say. I only feel heartache for you ... and a spark of real hope for your recovery. Oh, and inspiration from your attitude! You rock!

And a little queasiness from the photos. I never asked if they took photos when they did the OP on my neck .... But now I'm curious. Maybe I'll be able to out-gross you :)

Btw, those snowboots? Make me think of this song:

have fun :D

Wow man.......I was flossing when I read your post.....so now I'll have TWO Zappa tunes I'll be stuck with for a while I guess.
I viewed anterior approach cervical surgery online in animated form, and THAT was enough to scare me into waiting for a more conservative opinion.
How's your recovery going Willie......still clicking or has that stopped?
TJ, you able to take steps inside the house?

Wow man.......I was flossing when I read your post.....so now I'll have TWO Zappa tunes I'll be stuck with for a while I guess.
I viewed anterior approach cervical surgery online in animated form, and THAT was enough to scare me into waiting for a more conservative opinion.

Ridin' them Pygmy Ponies again are ya?

OMG - ok, I looked at it at youtube, I assume it's the same video you saw.... Hello, Everybody? DO NOT youtube "anterior approach cervical surgery" - unless you really, really (really) want to :p

I didn't get any screws, and it was C6/7, but I guess the procedure is essentially the same. And, no probs at all. No clicking, no stiffness or pain unless I extend my neck very far to the rear, then it's a little uncomfortable when I straighten up. But in the day-to-day, I don't notice anything at all. And my shoulders are like re-born, I can actually do pushups again, something I haven't been able to do for years and years!

Got an appt for my first follow-up CT scan on the the 18th, don't expect any surprises ...

I can take small steps. Dr. D tells me not to walk too much though right now.

I am having some concerns I will share with all of you in a few weeks, but mostly I am doing well and remain hopeful. Thanks for asking, Board.

Glad you are doing well too, Willie!

Checked out the first video on "anterior approach cervical surgery." Didn't do much for me. Yright! Like watch out for that artery buddy, and get that finger down in there. Fascia? We don't need no stinkin' fascia. Cut that out of the way! Muscle? You're in my way too. I think I'll just cut your ass in half. Puke!

Reactions: BFwillie_g

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS