Vivobarefoot's Aqua Lites & Neo Trails

They look nice. Just wondering, if you put the Vapor Glove and Aqua Lite sole to sole, which one is wider in the forefoot? Thanks!
Why, do you have duck feet like Nick?

The Aqua Lite is much wider, by as much as a half an inch. Would you agree with that Nick? The VPs have less structure, so perhaps there's a little lateral give. The VPs fit me perfectly, and I like how the sole is contoured around the arch, to minimize contact with the ground. My feet are normal to slender. If you have wide feet, I would definitely stick with the Vivobarefoots.

Vapor Glove compared to Aqua Lite 2.jpgVapor Glove compared to Aqua Lite 3.jpgVapor Glove compared to Aqua Lite.jpg

Reactions: Sid and NickW
Aqualite is definitely wider than vapor glove, little toe has about 1,5 cm more room to splay. Vapor's upper is bit more elastic, so it kind of feels like wearing a bit too narrow socks. Aqualite has bit thinner sole, flexibility is pretty much equal.. Aqualite's upper is much warmer.

I have now bought three merrell's glove shoes, all of them have just sucked somehow. :p

Reactions: Sid
Hahaha! Hey now, of all of Merrells narrow products the Vapors came closest to fitting me. I understand they are supposed to fit like a glove and for me, they fit like a slightly too tight pair of driving gloves. I could run in them but they would probably cause me some pain in a mile or two. I know I am also not the only person who doesn't like Merrells tightness, and these are people who say they DON'T have wide feet.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Hahaha! Hey now, of all of Merrells narrow products the Vapors came closest to fitting me. I understand they are supposed to fit like a glove and for me, they fit like a slightly too tight pair of driving gloves. I could run in them but they would probably cause me some pain in a mile or two. I know I am also not the only person who doesn't like Merrells tightness, and these are people who say they DON'T have wide feet.
Yah, you know I'm just giving you trouble.

I agree the Merrells probably won't work for most people with even just slightly wide feet. If Merrell's smart they'll start manufacturing both a regular width and a wide version. Otherwise, I think they did a pretty good job with the Vapor Glove (I say after one run). Like Flammee says, the Aqua Lites are a bit warmer though. So it would still be nice to have a warmer version of the Vapor Gloves, but I guess few people buy them for winter running. And anyway, as long as I'm running, my feet are fine in really cold temps as long as I have some smart wool socks on.

Reactions: NickW
Yah, you know I'm just giving you trouble.

I agree the Merrells probably won't work for most people with even just slightly wide feet. If Merrell's smart they'll start manufacturing both a regular width and a wide version. Otherwise, I think they did a pretty good job with the Vapor Glove (I say after one run). Like Flammee says, the Aqua Lites are a bit warmer though. So I guess it would still be nice to have a warmer version of the Vapor Gloves, but I guess few people buy them for winter running. And anyway, as long as I'm running, my feet are fine in really cold temps as long as I have some smart wool socks on.
I tend to agree that they did a great job on the Vapor Glove, it's unfortunately just slightly too tight for me. Oh well, and I don't think they are going to make wider versions. Look at Nike's example, they are notoriously on the narrow and small side but they sure don't make any wide versions (or very few in any case) and they rake in the big bucks. People like me with wider feet are way into the minority and the few that are like me that are NOT willing to smash their wide feet into narrow shoes is an even smaller number. I used to be one of those people who just put my feet into shoes and didn't understand when a shoe was too narrow. I just crammed my feet in them. Then I always had problems with numb toes, arch pain, and just general foot pain all because I didn't understand I didn't HAVE to put my feet in narrow shoes. I just had always thought that was the way it was and I just had to break in every shoe and get my feet used to them. Now I know better and my feet are happier (even with the stupid injury). I often wonder how many people do like I did and just cram their feet in any old shoe just because they think this is the way it is. Probably a lot.

I have bunions from previous ill-fitting shoes. I have no interested in ever getting a bunionectomy, as I think it's barbaric. (Possibly effective for many, but still barbaric.) I've have some success using toe spreaders and such. However, my feet continue to be very sensitive, so I'm very careful about the footwear that I choose.

I have bunions from previous ill-fitting shoes. I have no interested in ever getting a bunionectomy, as I think it's barbaric. (Possibly effective for many, but still barbaric.) I've have some success using toe spreaders and such. However, my feet continue to be very sensitive, so I'm very careful about the footwear that I choose.
Sorry to hear that. You probably mentioned it before, but I spaced. Anyway, yeah, you definitely want to stick with the Aqua Lites. They have a lot more room in the forefoot, as I think you can see in the photos.

Reactions: Sid