UPDATE on my health woes...

Woo hoo, TJ, that is such

Woo hoo, TJ, that is such awesome news!!!

swedishpimple wrote:Glad

swedishpimple said:
Glad you're on the mend TJ.

I think I mentioned deep water running to you. If J. is right about the threat of soft tissue thing then I am glad she set me straight. My research on deep water running was centered around recovery for stress fractures. Anyway... I didn't mean to give bad advice. Thanks J.

S. Pimp.

You just gave standard advice - DWR tends to be recommended for anything that is made worse by running on it. I have come to believe, observing recovery in other people on RWOL with deep water running and in my own very bad case of problems that deep water running should be time limited (maybe at most 2 weeks), that it should only be used for stress fractures, and that mixing in weight bearing drills in the shallow end as soon as possible makes sense. When elites deep water run, they are really running on underwater treadmills - it's a big difference. File aqua belts with stability balls, not a total gimmick, but more limited in utility than people make it out to be.

Thank you all.  My tendon and

Thank you all. My tendon and fascia pain in both of my feet seem to be doing even better today than yesterday. I continue to and will continue to take the RX anti-inflammatories, because that I have proven is working for me. My problem now is that since I have been doing so much typing this past year, the reaction I had to the antibiotics has also damaged the tendons in my left arm so badly that I have carpal tunnel reaching from the wrist (palm up) all the way up to my armpit now. It is a very hot type of pinching pain, and I feel like someone gave me a Charlie Horse in my left bicep. As I type, it just makes it worse. My right arm and wrist are mostly fine, but I feel some tightness and discomfort there from time to time. (More in another thread forthcoming...)

Silly, I am going to get a copy of the MRI disc and take it for a third opinion. I don't even think this doctor checked for that problem, and I am not happy with some things she and I spoke about last time we talked, yesterday. When I was trying to run, I was still feeling the burning and numbing at five miles, so I know there is still a problem. Not to mention I still have numbness and burning when I walk across carpet, and sharp, quick pains when I step out of bed or step after a period of idleness.