Tulsa Run 15K

miker

Chapter Presidents
Jul 26, 2010
I'll write up a race report this weekend, but one really cool thing...when I picked up my race packet, I looked to see what kind of chip they were using, so I start trying to figure out how to attach said chip to body part. But there wasn't a loose chip in the bag. It was on the back of my bib! How cool is that?! I also picked up some tweezers (with sharp points) and some super glue. Now, if I was just in better shape...oh well, can't have everything. ;-)

Yes, Miker.  They have this

Yes, Miker. They have this thingy these days called a D-tag. I'm glad you finally heard of it! Hee. Oh, and if you have skinny-enough ankles, you can just wrap that sucker right around said body part. Don't even need an anklette.

Congrats on finishing your 15K!

Yeah, but a D-tag "usually"

Yeah, but a D-tag "usually" goes on the laces, right? But disposable. There are two strips (I'm guessing some kind of RFID thing) on the back of my numbered bib. I've heard of these, but to have the latest technology in a race in Oklahoma...well, let's just say I guess we've "arrived". :)

Btw, I haven't finished it "yet". Actually, I haven't even started it. Ohhh, but I will, my friends, I will...

Kind of nervous though. Usually I'm pretty low key, kind of keep to myself type of runner. I felt weird when I ran in August in my VFFs. I'm already getting butterflies about tomorrow. :- Not from the run ('cause I'll finish come he!! or high water), but from the mass of humanity surrounding my nekked feetsies (and the subsequent stares/smiles/comments/non-comments...you get the picture).

Okay, you're nuts.  The two

Okay, you're nuts. The two strips on the back of the bib, were they orange by chance? Did they detach? If so, were you asked to fold them into the letter "D" (as in D-tag), and attach them to your shoe laces? The D-tags are disposable too, BTW.

If not, was it the new bibs that have the chip built-in, but you don't remove it from the bib?

Nope, glued directly to the

Nope, glued directly to the back of the bib. Upon reading the included documentation, they refer to this marvel of technology as a "B tag". Pretty dang slick, though.

Ah, ha!  So I see.  It's that

Ah, ha! So I see. It's that Bib tag I've been hearing about. That is pretty high-tech for you, isn't it? Hee. I collect all of my bibs. I hope to put them on a O-ring one of these days. Hee again.

In my last half marathon they

In my last half marathon they changed from the shoe chip, to having the chip built into the bib. Was nice to not have the dumb thing hanging off my shoe laces. Would have been even nicer if I hadn't had any shoe laces. :D

15 minutes to start and I've

15 minutes to start and I've already had three people get up enough nerve to talk to the crazy guy about bfr!

How are you posting to the

How are you posting to the site? What little gadget are you using? Don't tell me it's built into the bib.

From my trusty iPhone, of

From my trusty iPhone, of course. I don't run without it ever since my night trail run. Dang thing saved my life that night. I thought about posting a couple of times while I was running, then decided that might not be cool. And you know me, I'm all about cool. ;-) dang my feet are tender right now. But more on that in my forthcoming race report. :)

We talked about getting a

We talked about getting a little iPhone app about a year ago, but that moved to the back burner. So you see our site on your little gadget then? What's it look like? Take a picture. (I am so behind the times, it's not even funny, and I used to be responsible for several networks at Delta and ASA!)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test