Totally grossed out by toenail falling off!

Pigwig

Barefooters
Aug 17, 2013
Yuck! I was in the bath after a run, soaping my tootsies and my little toe nail came off in my hand. I'm totally freaked because a) it wasn't even loose (so I thought), and b) in my naívity I didn't think running bf or in my case, huaraches would cause this. I actually believed that it was yet another peril of shoes; the friction causing the nail to loosen - in huaraches how on earth did this happen?!
I have one other toenail that is loose from before, when I ran in shoes, and one big one that is black and has been for months due to running - but in this case, up the stairs, and smack- into the top step! Never imagined my pinky toe to fall victim.

Now what happens? Will it grow back? It's not sore or even tender but there's no hint of new nail, OMG I'm deformed.

Must go and give it a proper burial...sob!

Reactions: dharmadan
Yuck! I was in the bath after a run, soaping my tootsies and my little toe nail came off in my hand. I'm totally freaked because a) it wasn't even loose (so I thought), and b) in my naívity I didn't think running bf or in my case, huaraches would cause this. I actually believed that it was yet another peril of shoes; the friction causing the nail to loosen - in huaraches how on earth did this happen?!
I have one other toenail that is loose from before, when I ran in shoes, and one big one that is black and has been for months due to running - but in this case, up the stairs, and smack- into the top step! Never imagined my pinky toe to fall victim.

Now what happens? Will it grow back? It's not sore or even tender but there's no hint of new nail, OMG I'm deformed.

Must go and give it a proper burial...sob!
Relax, relax it will grow back but it'll take a very looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time-months:turtle:

Reactions: dharmadan
Buzz buzz ha ha! Thanks Dama for reassuring me, and Migangelo for not, lol!
Don't feel quite so panicked now, also on closer inspection there is a nail there after all, just it's quite soft. I've had that nail for 38 years and had grown quite attached to it.
So, does being sandal-shod NOT exonerate me then?

Buzz buzz ha ha! Thanks Dama for reassuring me, and Migangelo for not, lol!
Don't feel quite so panicked now, also on closer inspection there is a nail there after all, just it's quite soft. I've had that nail for 38 years and had grown quite attached to it.
So, does being sandal-shod NOT exonerate me then?
All this panicky episode for nothing?:babygirl:
fraid not:smuggrin:

Reactions: DNEchris
Moving this thread to the Health forum with a redirect that will expire in one day.