Toronto Star doing article about the BRS's Winter Challenge!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
As posted in the Winter Challenge thread: Awesome news, all! A reporter from the Toronto Star contacted me wanting to talk to YOW about doing an article on the Winter Challenge! Is that great, or what?! I mean, who would have thought that this could turn into something greater...I guess you all did! Good work, you guys! You all Rock!

More to come!

Reactions: Longboard
So, funny thing. The reporter ended up emailing me today asking if I would do and interview with him tomorrow afternoon. I ran the majority of last winter barefoot (my profile pic is me walking into lake ontario with a kettlebell -5c) and am doing the same this year. I've only logged 14 k as last friday would be the first day that counted as there was freezing rain. Going out again tonight (-10c) for another 14k jaunt and intend to cover about 30-50k a week all winter.

Anyways, T.J. is there anything you want me to bring up to this fellow in particular? Your enthusiasm is pretty contagious and I am sort of a newb to BRS so I thought I would ask.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
So, funny thing. The reporter ended up emailing me today asking if I would do and interview with him tomorrow afternoon. I ran the majority of last winter barefoot (my profile pic is me walking into lake ontario with a kettlebell -5c) and am doing the same this year. I've only logged 14 k as last friday would be the first day that counted as there was freezing rain. Going out again tonight (-10c) for another 14k jaunt and intend to cover about 30-50k a week all winter.

Anyways, T.J. is there anything you want me to bring up to this fellow in particular? Your enthusiasm is pretty contagious and I am sort of a newb to BRS so I thought I would ask.

Hey Grant, I was going to contact you and see if I could hook the reporter up with you. I think it would be a better idea to have someone local to TO do an interview with him. It is a great chance for a BRS photo op.

TJ sent me a couple questions to ask him:
1. How did he find BRS?
2. How did he find out about the Winter Challenge?

Good luck with the interview!

...(my profile pic is me walking into lake ontario with a kettlebell -5c)...

I was wondering what the hey that thing was.

I sent him some stats on the BRS, and YOW mentioned my questions. That's all I could think of at the time. If I think of anything else, I will let you know. If you meet up with him, them, he may have you run barefoot in the cold for his story, so be prepared for that. But for now, just have fun with the interview.

We are just doing a phone thing, as far as running in the cold no problem. Just wish it would get real cold rather than this 1c stuff. Oh, I put another 13 k on to my winter mileage last night! ;) Hey YOW, where does a guy put up his milage? I am a little on the dyslexic side and can't find the spreadsheet to brag on! Thanks guys, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't stepping on anyones toes with this and I am honestly gonna plug my business in addition to the brs and lifestyle. ciao fer niao

We are just doing a phone thing, as far as running in the cold no problem. Just wish it would get real cold rather than this 1c stuff. Oh, I put another 13 k on to my winter mileage last night! ;) Hey YOW, where does a guy put up his milage? I am a little on the dyslexic side and can't find the spreadsheet to brag on! Thanks guys, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't stepping on anyones toes with this and I am honestly gonna plug my business in addition to the brs and lifestyle. ciao fer niao

TJ/Grant ... I talked with the reporter for about an hour and set him some information on barefoot running.

Grant ... here is the link to the spreadsheet ...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atdzmo_MEqTKdHlWb3Vza0FORWJOYURvRGR0UWc1SFE&usp=sharing

Add your cumulative runs and distance on row 35 of the first sheet.

Don't forget to post the link to the article when it is published :)

Very good article in deed. I've got several Google Alerts on this article being carried by other news agencies. I will post those later. Thanks again to all who took part in the article and the Challenge.

Reactions: Barefooting Bob

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090