Tomorrow is the DAY!!!!!! Carlsbergs are on me!

Nyal

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
My six week injury time out is over and I will run again this Saturday. I just wanted to share my strategy for coming back.

1. Restart on half miles. Keeping the distance low at first. This will be easy, I have not worked out one drop of sweat in three weeks. I will be starting with 2 miles.

2. Use BF orthotic on the injured foot when hitting asphalt. In case I need it. Will kick it off eventually, I hope.

3. I am throwing all tracking numbers into the fjord. No more timing, tracking distance, looking at other runner's and their speed (looking at willie). No pressure.

4. If it hurts, stop. Or at least change it. No more will I tolerate pain, no more MT patch flares, no more tenderness.

5. Make games out of running. Not sure how this will turn out, but right now I am planning on grabbing rocks and moving them from one place to another. Maybe moving them from one side of the island to another. Maybe geocaching.

6. Taking time to stop. Looking at interesting things, reading every plaque. Trying again to find that stupid Viking burial plot I could never find. Admiring the views. Laughing at people.

7. Making running more like XC skiing. Have you ever gone? Have you ever made long trips just for fun? Running should be like hiking, really.

8. Ignore all proper running techniques and forms, just follow my instinct and number 4.

9. If I get tired, think of TJ.

10. Sprint past people and then catch my breath so they think I always run that fast.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you, Nyal...I think.

Thank you, Nyal...I think.

Nyal-It's good to hear that

Nyal-

It's good to hear that you will soon be back on your feet! ~pun intended.

The plan you have laid out sounds like a fine approach to me. I would only suggest that when you get to "step 3" ... you also cast the numbers from "step 1" off of that glacially formed coastal trench.

What I mean here is - Don't get so caught up in 1/2 mile increments and 2 mile limits that you forget to follow the rest of the fine care free strategy you have setup for yourself.

How? ... Maybe the answer is, as you yourself have suggested, to not measure at all?

Best of luck to you...

S. Pimp.

Depends...in what light do

Depends...in what light do you think of me?

Great point, my eastern

Great point, my eastern friend!

TJ, I move to strike number 1 from the record.

Or number 9?

Or number 9?

But I'm not dead yet...

But I'm not dead yet...

I blame that

I blame that miscommunication on wiki. It was supposed to be an article on ancestor worship. You are my ancestor (if you recall the thread about intellectual ancestors) and so you are entitled. Think of it like MLM.

Ha, oh so funny! 

Ha, oh so funny!

But seriously.  What do you

But seriously. What do you think of when you think of me?

She's pitiful?

She's pitiful?

I know.  I was just baiting

I know. I was just baiting you. ;-)

That my whining about my one

That my whining about my one hurt foot is misplaced.

ETA, that sounded bad. What I meant was, considering that your have faced down 4 MNs and have fought back, I should learn from your example and be tough and patient. Utfordringer finnes å viser oss hva er mulig, as they say here.