TOFP and stretching

I have none.  Zum and Nate

I have none. Zum and Nate could answer better than I could. I would probably give it another couple of weeks to be safe though. There's no harm in waiting a measly two weeks, when the payoff will be much higher afterwards. Good luck.

I would "work though

I would "work though acheiness" but desist on "pain"....problem when talking about these issues, because what "hurts" to me, might not "hurt" to you :-/...this is really where learning about yourself and your own body comes in...and NOT pushing it too far after an injury...it should heal up just fine, and I'm of the opinion that "reasonable" use of the previously injured area will help it to rehab faster, AS LONG as you don't over do it. I'm still hanging in at only 12 miles for the week (depending on how I feel tomorrow, I may do a 5 mile hill run to bump this week up to 17...but still a bit shy of my pre-injury milage...ALL DEPENDING on how my "injury" site, and other parts that may be/have been compensating...

Anyway, I would find a milage/pace that causes minimal discomfort upon its completion, and stay there until there is NO discomfort...then kick it up again...watching and observing after every endeavor....

As far as "walking"...going barefoot, I think you should do as much of that as you can tolerate....me, I'm BF 24/7 even during injury...but it was a leg issue, not a foot one :).

Just my two cents ;-)...

Nate

Thanks, Nate.  I think part

Thanks, Nate. I think part of the problem is that I don't complete trust myself. The last thing I want to do is re-injure my foot again. Plus, there's a fine line between discomfort and slight pain. I'm not sure I know how to tell the difference! I just went on my bf walk and ran a few yards (slowly). The only way I know to explain it is that my injured foot just felt different. I need to figure out if that's bad!

One good thing is my 9 yr old daughter wants to run with me. So that'll keep me slow and not allow me to go far (she's never run any distance yet).

I like your plan of running the same distance until there's NO discomfort and only then go farther. Man, I really hope I run at least 5-6 miles in a couple months. This sissy stuff is going to be humiliating!

Wow, that soleus stretch

Wow, that soleus stretch might be exactly what I need. I been having trouble with my right foot, the line between the bones of my pinkie toe and the next hurts, and also my calf muscle has been unnecessarily tight. I just tried stretch on my left foot, and no big deal, then I did my right, and WOW THAT HURT! (Don't worry, I didn't hurt myself, it was the good kind of hurt, like when your really stretching something.) I'll make sure to do that one a lot more from now on.

With regards to not pushing it when you are injured or might be injured, its important to remember that you not only need to go easier, but you need to change something, or it'll just happen again. Thats why we took our shoes of, so we'd know when we needed to adjust our form, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! Unless the injury is simply from over-running (like the calf pain I had after running 70 miles in 4 days, which in fact led me to quit running in shoes all together, but thats another story) the source of the injury is almost definitly a form issue. If Ken Bob has been running for 10 years and is still improving his form, then those of us who have been running for only a year or less should not assume our form is good enough. (I'll be the first to admit that I fall into telling myself that sometimes.) So in addition to Nates advice to find mileage/pace that causes minimal discomfort, I would add that you need to find a running form that causes minimal discomfort. In this way injuries can be our greatest teachers, because if you don't fix your form, you can't run.