Toe Spacers

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has tried the 'Toe Spacers'. The Doc mentioned them on his website and I thought I'd give them a try. After many years of wearing shoes I find my small toes tend to bend inwards and don't sit in a vertical position they are kind of semi sideways. I'd be interested to poll BRS members to see how many have little toes that are how they should be or have they do been distorted over the years from wearing evil shoes!

Even with nearly 3 years of barefoot running they are still not in the correct and now I have a callus on the left foot next to the toe probably due to the toe not being in the correct position.

So, please feel free to post any nice... or not so nice pics of those toes ;-)

https://nwfootankle.com/products/10-Correct Toes/grid

Neil

Like yoga toes? Hey TJruns,

Like yoga toes? Hey TJruns, remember the yoga toes thread @rw? I think it was one of the first 5 posts ever in the barefoot forum.

I was a teen in the 60's so I

I was a teen in the 60's so I wore pointed toed shoes for years,including high heels.

All of my toes curve in medially and the large toes curves laterally .

This causes the second toe to rub on the large toe. So I have a callous on the medial side of the distal knuckle on each of my second toes.

I put on some of those "yoga" toe seperators. I got them in the drug store for $9. They do help if I remember to wear them every day for a while. When I haven't worn them for a while I notice the toes rub and hurt when I run with Zems (usually I run Barefoot ).

So, if I haven't been using the yoga toes for a long time I have to put cotton or somthing between the toes while I run.

I think ensuring that your

I think ensuring that your footwear can't impede your toes from the full range of motion, is more important than splinting them apart.

In 2005 I stopped wearing shoes with closed toes. It wasn't until I started embracing minalist footwear and focusing on feet, 2009, that I noticed how straight my toes are, compared to those of fully-shod people. I attribute the straightness of my toes to the 4 years of excluding a toebox.

Nick's looking to correct the

Nick's looking to correct the already done damage.

I have a pair, but I can't wear them until I've finished healing from the surgeries. If you've seen my feet picture, then you'll have seen I have a Vulcan salute going on between my 2nd & 3rd toes on both feet due to the ginormous neuromas that lived there for like ever! Now that the neuromas are removed, my toes have straighten out quite a bit, but there's still a weird gap (not that we want our toes pressing up against each other either). So I plan to wear my Correct Toes to see if they can help me with the rest of the transformation.

The Correct Toes are soft and don't hurt to walk around in them barefoot or shod, but the Yoga Toes and Pedi Toes are rigid and can only be worn while sitting or lying. Correction: The Correct Toes do hurt after being worn for a period of time inside and outside of shoes.

Ram, I remember something about a Yoga Toes thread "over there." But like everything else "over there," it's becoming a distant memory. ;-)

I just got some correct

I just got some correct toes. I just bought some and have started wearing them on my left foot for a couple hours a day when I think about it -which is the side that does not want to play along toe-spread-wise, and especially the pinkie and the one next to it. It will take awhile to see how much of a difference it makes. What I do know is that wearing them more than a couple hours a day is overkill and causes strain, which is the potential any time you try to "help" something along.

I have something like 70 miles on a pair of Correct Toes... Helped a good bit in getting rid of a "clenching" compensation I'd developed while dealing with an injury. Not so sure they'll do anything to otherwise help space my under-lapping pinky toes. (Of course, the maker suggests that this process will take years of dedicated usage. Check back with me in 2015.)

My pair just arrived this week so I've been trying them out. It said it is good to use them with weight bearing exercise (I don't think that means running) so that it trains the ligaments to move to the correct position. Will I end up with Hobbit feet..... I think it will take a while to undo what 40+years of incorrectly designed western shoes have done.

My toes are misaligned too from years of wearing shoes. On my left foot, my 4th toe bends inwards and often rubs up against my 3rd toe. I've been thinking of getting some toe correctors to see if they can rectify it.

BTW I dont think you'll end up with hobbit feet. Not unless toe correctors also stimulate hair growth :p

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts