The Naked Foot 5K in Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by poff, Aug 23, 2011.

1. poff Barefooters

Message Count:
    Anyone signed up for The Naked Foot 5K in Austin, TX on Saturday, September 24th?

I'm thinking about heading up from San Antonio to participate. It looks fun.
  2. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I have it on the calendar and

I have it on the calendar and posted in the Texas Chapter, so hopefully, you'll have some company. Have fun!

3. tonic Guest

Registered a month ago.

Registered a month ago. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some barefooters from the Dallas area. And just having fun too. :)

Will be my first running event ever. (Unless you count high school track and cross-country meets.)
  4. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Welcome, Tonic.  Good luck on

Welcome, Tonic. Good luck on your first barefoot race! It should be easy, as I understand these Naked Foots are mostly on grass.

5. tonic Guest

Thanks TJ!

Thanks TJ! :)
  6. poff Barefooters

Message Count:
    tonic wrote:Registered a

How did you do, Tonic? :)
  7. poff Barefooters

Message Count:
    Barefoot TJ wrote:I have it

Cool beans. :)
  8. C. Beth Run. Barefooters

Message Count:
    I was the volunteer turning

I was the volunteer turning you all around in the middle of the race! :) It was a fun day.

And dude, race volunteers rock. I didn't realize how much went into a race until I volunteered for one. Highly recommend it.

9. poff Barefooters

Message Count:
    C. Beth Run. wrote:I was the

That's awesome. :)

It was an enjoyable race, even with the last minute route change due to the drought.
  10. tonic Guest

Poff -- I did good! The mile

Poff -- I did good! The mile was a nice warmup and the 5K is half the distance I run every morning (until I raise my mileage, probably starting next week). I could have gone faster, but just didn't feel like killing myself. My friend estimated my time for the 5K as 24minutes, have no idea what my mile time was. It was fun, though, and that's why I went. Was a bit disappointed about not having a lot of grass-time but the drought affects my running up here in Dallas too.

C Beth -- Hey! You're probably one of the helpful people I needed! The volunteers were all very nice, especially because I've never done this before and the course markers are not as simple as I thought they would be (or maybe it's not the marking's fault). Thanks for volunteering!

But...what was up with all the traditionally-shod people??? Are they that hard up for 5Ks in Austin?
  11. poff Barefooters

Message Count:
    tonic wrote:poff -- I did

It sounds like you had an excellent race! I will say the one disappointment for me was the timing issue. I realize it was meant to be a "fun" race but I still would have liked to know the finish time of my first barefoot 5K (especially since I finished 2nd overall :)).

I noticed this too, however the first three across the finish line were barefoot. We held our own out there! ;)
  12. tonic Guest

Poff -- Congrats!! I was too

Poff -- Congrats!! I was too far away to see you leaders, obviously. That was also disappointing because I was hoping to learn some lessons by observation. Apparently I have to run a lot faster if I want to learn something. :)

Glad to know the top finishers were BFers. Yay!!