The most interesting place ive ever not been allowed to walk barefoot

barefoot kean

Barefooters
Jun 3, 2010
Anchorage
Today set a new record for what I consider the dumbest most senseless place Ive not been allowed to go on account of my bare feet ... a flight of stairs. At first I thought the security guard was just messing with me, but no, I was instructed to take the elevator on account of my bare feet. This sets a new precedent for dumb things that's happened to me in my habitually barefoot life lol. OK, end of mini rant.

Any one else ever experience something like that?

Barefoot Kean

Not yet.  I'm ready for the

Not yet. I'm ready for the fight though. So where were you?

barefoot kean wrote:Today

barefoot kean said:
Today set a new record for what I consider the dumbest most senseless place Ive not been allowed to go on account of my bare feet ... a flight of stairs. At first I thought the security guard was just messing with me, but no, I was instructed to take the elevator on account of my bare feet. This sets a new precedent for dumb things that's happened to me in my habitually barefoot life lol. OK, end of mini rant.

Any one else ever experience something like that?

Barefoot Kean

I recently was told I couldn't come to a gas station barefoot. Everyone goes barefoot at a convienience store. I challenged it with there corporate offices and argued about the health code quoted being non existent. The corporate people personally called me and told me I was allowed barefoot in there anytime I shopped there for now on. The manager is no longer there. A happy pro barefoot manager is there now lol.

I got kicked out of an

I got kicked out of an outdoor mall once it was basically a strip mall with shops on bith sides of the street? It was so absurd I didn't know what to say.

That's crazy!! You'd think

That's crazy!! You'd think you'd be safe in a place so...boring!!

But I like to keep a list of places I've "gotten away with" being barefoot ... including a Lowes (the most nervous shopping trip of my life), and many countless movie theaters & coffee shops.

Trying to Board an airplane

Trying to Board an airplane from Vienna to Berlin the captain told me that I am not allowed on it without shoes. I did not really challenge it as the captain of the plane he certainly has the right to make the rules. I did show him my VFF i had in the bag that was enough for him to let me through. Did not wear them though.

Funny enough on the way from Berlin to Vienna nobody cared.

Oh and I was kicked out of the Restaurant of the Vienna Hilton for not wearing shoes.

jlubkoll wrote:....... the

jlubkoll said:
....... the captain told me that I am not allowed on it without shoes. I did not really challenge it as the captain of the plane he certainly has the right to make the rules.

Probably not.

Longboardl

Longboardl wrote:....... the

jlubkoll wrote:....... the captain told me that I am not allowed on it without shoes. I did not really challenge it as the captain of the plane he certainly has the right to make the rules.

>Probably not.

Maybe, still i'd say that picking the right enemy at the right time saves a lot of effort and energy.

Yea, I wouldn't want to tick

Yea, I wouldn't want to tick the captain off, Board! I mean he has to fly the airplane and all! ;-) That's why I try not to be a "back seat driver" when my hubby flys us anywhere. Well, actually, I'm too busy with my head in my lap to do anything but scream everytime we hit turbulence. :sick:

Aw, that's great, Board!  I

Aw, that's great, Board! I love the picture! He looks great! Is that an RJ?

Now I need to get a picture of me with my green face and my head in my lap! Maybe you could show it to Isaac! Ha!

CRJ 200He's now got 100 or

CRJ 200

He's now got 100 or so hours in the thing, and a 401K to boot.

The last picture I posted of him was riding his skateboard, and that was'nt very long ago.

Your boys will grow up fast as well TJ, enjoy every minute of it.

BTW, Isaac is in Atlanta at least once a day now, he's flying Pinnacle as Delta Connection.