The BRS and Boston

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
This is just a thought. But, we are probably one of not too many "running clubs" that span the world. We have membera all over the globe. We can almost all relate to what happened in Boston; we run races, we have family at these races watching from the finish line, we know someone who ran or has run Boston, etc.
I'm thinking that we as a society can come up with a shirt, a decal, a car magnet, etc. that shows that the BRS supports Boston. Maybe I'm off base here, but in my mind, Boston is to runners as 9/11 was to Firefighters. After 9/11 FDNY stickers were everywhere, I think Boston deserves the same.
Maybe we do a contest type thing like we do with IBRD design, then add this to Zazzle?
Chime in everyone, what do you think? suggestions? Am I stupid?

I like the idea as well. I'm not too much of a sticker or car magnet person but a t-shirt (long sleeve and short) I'd be interested in. I'd wear it and dedicate a upcoming race to all affected in one way or another.

You are not stupid, never think that you are. Us barefooters and minimalist runners are the smartest around :)

Not a problem here, as we can make all the BRS's resources available to whomever wants to lead this. So will that be you, Ram? And we can donate the profit of the sales to a foundation already set up in their honor.

This got me thinking of maybe even a spin off supporting the broader cause, maybe something like Barefoot Freedom Fighters "BFF" or Barefooters Against Terrorism "BAT".

Anyhow, I commend the overall idea here. Also if u need a designer for a graphic or logo, Thats something I do for a living and i would be willing to volunteer my services for such an endeavor.

BR

Good to know, Rod. We have graphics design contests here a couple times a year sometimes, at least one per year for our International Barefoot Running Day tee shirt. We start that contest just after the first of the year. Thanks so much for your offer to help.

I have zero graphic desig abilities beyond erasing part of a picture in MS Paint. Maybe some of our more artisitc mambers could put some suggestions together and we can vote, kind of like IBRD? The winner can get uploaded to Zazzle?

Bone Rod - thanks for you offer! sounds great! be careful though, TJ's on to you:D

That would be fine, Rambo. I can give you admin rights to set the contest up and oversee it all.

What's involved besides posting a thread, pinning it at the top for a while and bugging the crap out of everyone to play along?
How does the design get uploaded to zazzle?

Basically as you described it. The bugging the crap out of everyone is the most time-consuming part, trust me. We can ask AJB422 to upload the design. She handles the store. Or you could do it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts