Closed Stickies not sticking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
When I create an article in the Home Page News forum to go on the home page and click on the Sticky check box to make it stay on the top, it doesn't stick/work. For example, the IBRD article I added to the home page shows the Sticky check box checked, but it has moved down now that other articles have been created after it.

This is not a bug as it is a forum feature. Stickies are meant for forums to stay on top. The portal is totally different.

If you click and read what the verbiage says it also states this

Sticky threads appear at the top of the first page of the list of threads in their parent forum

How do I get them to sticky to the top of the home page, since they are threads coming from a forum (Home Page News)?

You're a sweet heart!

BTW, I just woke up (for real) from that pill I took last night and then one this morning. Still dizzy. Hate this crap.

I got thinking there is a slider function which i can add but you will need more than one story to add to it or i think i can code where it keeps one story at top at all times. Just depends on what you want. The slider function can pull from certain section and if have an attachment name as 1.img or something it should pull. Let me know what you think.

That's better than nothing. I can't imagine that I would ever need to have more than one story stickied to the top of the home page anyway. So if I only have one story stickied at a time to the top of the Home Page News forum, then what you are going to do will somehow pull that to the home page, I take it?

So which one are you wanting as I gave two options? I know you had a slider before. I am not sure if you wanted that option or something where it would keep a post on top.

I'm not sure what you mean by a slider. Let's talk on the phone sometime soon when you have the time, and I'm not on meds.

Had a moment of clarity. You're talking about Slide Show. Nah, I don't want to add that back. I'd rather have some other way of making an article stick to the top of the home page.

Thanks! Got it. All works now. You da bomb, Matthew!

Status
Not open for further replies.