Splinters?

Arctic

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Picked up a nasty splinter last night, oddly I didn't really feel it until this morning. The sucker is embedded pretty good now. Whats your tip/trick for method for removing? Tweezers and needle?

A good trick- use your

A good trick- use your favorite glue that will not bond to skin. Put a dab on the splinter, let dry. When you peel the glue ooff, the splinter may come out.

Otherwise I go digging with the tweezers and needle.
regular_smile.gif

I do get a splinter once

I do get a splinter once in a while and have always used a needle and sometimes tweezers to get them out. I'm curious about the super glue trick and will try that next time...good idea Jason.

OMGosh, Mokie.  Did you

OMGosh, Mokie. Did you really think he meant super glue?! Yikes! Yea, give that a try and let us know how it goes won't you? NOT!

Ooopps I guess super glue is

Ooopps I guess super glue is not the right stuff, I'd have my finger stuck to my foot ha ha....I have Elmers too

we actually use rubber

we actually use rubber cement in the clinic sometimes. i've also seen people use duct tape...stuff works for everything! if that doesnt work you can always make a small incision over the splinter. most are not below the superficial skin layers so you wont be doing any damage to yourself but i'd only use this if you couldnt get a hold of it outside the foot surface. sometimes they break off below the surface and you gotta go get em.