Softstar Dash as a dress shoe?

saypay45

Chapter Presidents
May 24, 2010
So I got a pair of custom Softstar Dash shoes with the intention of possibly using them as a dress shoe. I have a hard time finding shoes that will work for my job because I'm always in a suit and I need something super formal.

I don't think these will work for formal wear, but maybe something a little more casual. But they are good quality and very comfortable. I got smooth caramel leather with brown laces. A lot of people said they might be easier to wear formally if they were in a dark leather. I agree.

263250_195193297211135_117807658283033_592906_6431444_n.jpg

Here's another view

263385_195188510544947_117807658283033_592897_1236596_n.jpg

It looks like you have

It looks like you have bowling shoes on your feet. I thought the same thing when I saw that model in person. One of the more ugly shoes I have seen.

Then on the other hand. Not formal, but the Moc 3 allows my foot more freedom then any shoe I have ever worn. It has a great athletic look as well. Even fine for everyday general wear. Puts a VFF to shame. Assuming you have feet that mold to the 3 properly.

Soft star can be a score, or a kill switch. Ya just got to find the right combo of size, material, color, style, etc. All the options can be a pain. Or sometimes you just get lucky like I did with the moc 3.

Christian, nice socks! 

Christian, nice socks! Seriously though, how's the toe box on these? I have several other Soft Star shoes but they are like leather booties. Do these restrict at all?

The socks are boss.  You know

The socks are boss. You know you like them :)

The Dash has a much smaller toe box than other Softstars. So when you first wear them they are very restrictive on the toes. I have spent several days (and will spend a few more) jamming a damp towel into the toes to stretch out the leather.

I know what you're talking about with the "bootie" feeling of other Softstars. This one doesn't have that same feeling. The laces make it much more dialed in with the fit.

Christian, nice socks!   Ha! 

Christian, nice socks! Ha! You crack me up, Sara!

I was going to comment on his nice lawyer pants. The pin stripping makes me think of the gangster days with Bonnie and Clyde.

Seriously though, SP. I'm sure you look sharp! All 6 foot 5 of you!

You are so right TJ!  I

You are so right TJ! I completely overlooked the snazzy pinstripes whilst blinded by the hosiery. Sadly I am the proud owner of a pair of duck feet and don't think the not-wide-enough Dash shoes will do the job.

Did you notice the hem in

Did you notice the hem in those things. Geez! I mean he's already a giant. What size were those pants before he had them hemmed up?

Teasing, SP!  You know we

Teasing, SP! You know we love you.

I rock some nice threads

I rock some nice threads TJ.

I am super tempted to get another pair of these in dark brown or burgandy. I don't have a lot of work shoes now that it hurts my ankle to wear normal dress shoes.

how's the tackiness of the

how's the tackiness of the sole? i wait tables so i need fairly slip resistant. right now i'm wearing some tough gloves. they slip a little and are tight but they are better than the driving mocs i was wearing. if they aren't wide enough can they make them to your footprint or measurement? how about the moc 3?

thanks,

Mike

Well they have a street sole

Well they have a street sole and a trail sole. Pictures on their website.

And yes, if you have a wide foot you can get a custom pair. I actually recommend that because the fit of these shoes is really important as to how they perform. If you get them too wide or long, they will flop around and you won't like them.

I think you should get one in

I think you should get one in black and burgundy. It's always wise, when you find something you really like that fits well, to purchase at least two of them. This goes for pants, shirts, shoes, etc.

SP, let's see a full view picture of you in the stripes.

Well I placed an order with

Well I placed an order with the elves for a wide Dash, thanks SP for pushing Soft Star Shoes, I think they are the best.

Does anyone else have them yet?

So I ordered a pair of all

So I ordered a pair of all black WIDE Dash shoes. SP thanks for pushing Soft Star, I really love the company and their elf shoes.

If I ever decide that I want

If I ever decide that I want a pair of Softstars, I'll be sending them tracings of my feet and telling them to match the soles to the tracings.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test