So how would this work, Barefoot Tri

I don't know about riding

I don't know about riding bare. I'm willing to do the reading and check out videos and try it, but I like clipping in and going. If you're going to put water socks on, might as well take the time and instead put on stiff cycling shoes. Going sockless (which is by no means a new idea) speeds those transitions up and will make T2 (bike to run) even quicker if there are no shoes to slip on.

I've done my two tris in VFFs and that was great. Only worry going in to it was sometimes during my brick workouts my little toe would get a bt numb. Try sliding a numb toe into a VFF toe socket. Luckily, I got that issue worked out before the first race.

I already said this in the other post, it its nice to have a tri forum on here now too.

I ziptied some flipflops to

I ziptied some flipflops to my bike pedals and they kind of lock my feet onto the bike without feeling confined in a shoe. Also, they dry really quick during the rainy season here.

My guess is that any

My guess is that any advantage gained by being semi-sort-of-strapped to the pedals by a flip flop three point strap would be far off-set by the compressibility of the flip flop sole itself.

The flipflops I used are very

The flipflops I used are very rigid. However, I mostly like them because I don't have to worry about my feet slipping off the pedals and going into the front wheel. Also, shoes take a long time to dry when the rainy season hits, whereas the flipflops just shed the water.

Ventilated front disc

Ventilated front disc wheel.

A touch more rake.

Shorter crankarms.

Toecaps on the pedals.

Spooner- I had a horrible

Spooner- I had a horrible vision of a bare foot slipping into a front wheel. I ride clipped in and I'm still going to be able to see that tomorrow on my ride. Thanks ever so much.
shock.png

I like LB's suggestion of toe

I like LB's suggestion of toe caps. Protection + attachment. Also, if it involves chopping up some of my old shoes and bolting or ziptieing them to my current pedals, than it's pretty much the only solution in my budget.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS