Should children be barefoot?

I inadvertently made my kids receptive to barefooting by teaching them at home, where shoes simply only came up when we left the house. So now, all but one has naturally wide feet and shoes don't fit! They are so relieved that I now WANT them to go barefoot as much as possible. :D:p

definitely, and the part "More than 80% of foot problems, bunions and injuries are a result of misshaped and inflexible shoes" but the 99.9% of the shoes are contrary to human foot anatomy! speccially in the toe box, which is disgusting, stupid,
simply completely retarded for the shoe makers to make shoes to humans which doens't relate to humans foot form, who invented the narrow toe box? men its unbeliable, such a simple thing and what an extreme mistake

kids in new zealand are allowed to go barefoot to school, i want to go there to send my kids to NZ schools 'cause i dont want them to have deformed toes and unhealthy feet just as the rest of the humanity

(photos of new zealand schools)
3_Baref_09_001.JPG

DSC03518.jpg

definitely, and the part "More than 80% of foot problems, bunions and injuries are a result of misshaped and inflexible shoes" but the 99.9% of the shoes are contrary to human foot anatomy! speccially in the toe box, which is disgusting, stupid,
simply completely retarded for the shoe makers to make shoes to humans which doens't relate to humans foot form, who invented the narrow toe box? men its unbeliable, such a simple thing and what an extreme mistake

kids in new zealand are allowed to go barefoot to school, i want to go there to send my kids to NZ schools 'cause i dont want them to have deformed toes and unhealthy feet just as the rest of the humanity

(photos of new zealand schools)

DSC03518.jpg

And apparently shirtless, too? (kid in the back)

Very cute. Go, Ty, Go! :barefoot:

Absolutely children should go barefoot! I'm glad there are articles to share with "nonbelievers."

My mother was raised mostly barefoot, so was I. I passed it down to my children. I never put shoes on them before they could walk (except those cloth shoes, once or twice - they are made out of the same material as the dresses they go with).

I work at a preschool at the moment. There are a few children there who take their shoes off almost immediately as soon as we go out for outside play time. Now that it's a bit warmer, I wear sandals. The water table is out and any time a bit of water gets on my sandals, I have an excuse to take them off and put them on one of the play houses to dry.

... They are convinced that he will "step on something" any time and every time my son goes outside of the house...

Yeah, during my first 60 years as a child, of 3 times a nail punctured one of my soles, 2 of those times I was wearing shoes, and the nail went deeper into my foot, because by the time I felt the pointy tip of the nail on my sole, I had already committed my full weight to that foot. The other time, when I was barefoot, I reacted more quickly, and the nail did not go as deep, and consequently healed much, much faster. Also, keep in mind, even children will be a bit more cautious where they step while barefoot than while wearing shoes. Remember, when you put a helmet on a child, the first thing they want to do is test it by hitting themselves with a hammer or something!

Also, even as a younger child I tended to keep my bedroom floor cleaner than my friends who were shoe addicts.