Salt!

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I went out my front door for a run yesterday with my Vibrams in my hands, just in case. I only got a block up the road when I found both the road and sidewalk scattered with unmelted rock salt chunks. They HURT! On went the VFFs, and they stayed there for the rest of my run.

I think salt might be the worst part of winter, though it's true that the season is still young and I might well come to hate other aspect even more.

I went out my front door for a run yesterday with my Vibrams in my hands, just in case. I only got a block up the road when I found both the road and sidewalk scattered with unmelted rock salt chunks. They HURT! On went the VFFs, and they stayed there for the rest of my run.

I think salt might be the worst part of winter, though it's true that the season is still young and I might well come to hate other aspect even more.

As far as i'm concerned salt belongs on fish'n'chips, I tend to just stay on trails when they put that stuff down.

Hi Sked, I found one of those trails to run on today. My first time out since we were blessed with 30" (about 76 cm) of snow last weekend. I was delighted to find a paved "trail" along a local canal that was plowed but not salted, It was only .75 miles long and pretty flat, but I was able to run the 1.5 mile loop 3 times in the late PM sunshine, the last .75 mile length BF! The real trails were still under too much of the cold white stuff.

It snows in the UK now and then, or so my spouse, who grew up in Salisbury, tells me. Do you see much of it?

Reactions: dutchie53
Hi Sked, I found one of those trails to run on today. My first time out since we were blessed with 30" (about 76 cm) of snow last weekend. I was delighted to find a paved "trail" along a local canal that was plowed but not salted, It was only .75 miles long and pretty flat, but I was able to run the 1.5 mile loop 3 times in the late PM sunshine, the last .75 mile length BF! The real trails were still under too much of the cold white stuff.

It snows in the UK now and then, or so my spouse, who grew up in Salisbury, tells me. Do you see much of it?

At the moment we just get a lot of atlantic storms hitting us one after the other, i we get any more rain i'm going to develop webbed feet.
I think the combination of El Nino and climate change is having a massive effect on our seasonal weather, it's been a couple of years since we had any heavy snow.
Glad you found your little sanctuary to run on, i was running down my local canal towpath just the other. Here's a snap.

IMG_0641.jpg

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test