Sad Day

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
We had to put our Newfy down this morning. He had a mass growing next to his ear and it ruptured this morning. Surgery was out of our price range and it wasn't a guarantee; vet said it was a high probability of cancer. He lived a long and happy life, ~14 years as much as we can figure, we rescued him when he was already full grown.
We went to the shelter to find a pup and as I walked along and saw all the yapping dogs, none really stood out to me; then at the end of the row was this big black bear just looking at me, he seemed to be saying "where have you been? I'm ready to go home." so i obliged. He'll be greatly missed.

Zack Sheila.jpg

:( Oh no, Ram, I am so sorry! I feel for you and your family. I know how it hurts. That's a precious story though, and you will always have his memory. I'm thinking of you.

Sorry Ram for your loss.
I got teary eye as it brought precious memories of my beloved Golden Retriever who passed way four years ago this coming Thanksgiving.
Thinking of you and family.

So sorry for your loss.
Being a pet lover, too, it's always hard for me to deal with the inevitable differences in lifetimes, as I want them to be my companions all the way through. My cat of 21 years recently died, in my arms. It was hard, but he did have a good life.

No matter how many years, though, it always seems too short.

May it console you to know what a fantastic life you provided for him, and what loving care he received from the day you brought him home.

Sorry to hear about your loss Ram.

So sorry for your loss.
Being a pet lover, too, it's always hard for me to deal with the inevitable differences in lifetimes, as I want them to be my companions all the way through. My cat of 21 years recently died, in my arms. It was hard, but he did have a good life.

No matter how many years, though, it always seems too short.

May it console you to know what a fantastic life you provided for him, and what loving care he received from the day you brought him home.

I'm that way, too. It's probably one of the main things that I fear about getting a dog, despite being a dog lover.

So sorry Ram. Another good friend had to say goodbye to their family's beloved German Shorthair yesterday. Here's to your Newfy and Porter romping together in the great doggy beyond. Like Pirate and Scedastic, facing loss of another pet holds me back from adding to our family, especially with kids I'd have to watch grieve so deeply...

:( *Hugs* I had to put my kitty down a year ago, he was 16.