Rock the Kilt

I hope you opted for sewn down pleats. I have a friend who has the original ladies sport kilt and she was annoyed about the pleats after she washed it the first time. They come sewn down standard on the hiking kilt so I never have any trouble when I wash them. I like the swishiness of a kilt better than some of the bum-hugging running skirts.

No, I didn't. Maybe I can contact them and get that added. Thanks!!

Yes, do call them. They are a very personable bunch. The tailoring on my two is really excellent quality and I wear them for almost everything.

I ended up with the mini kilt and didn't get the pleats sewn down. I'll be running a race in it Saturday, can't wait! I see myself ordering more (and having the pleats sewn down) in the future. My DH wants me to order one for him too!

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Gidds
Yes. Unless I am mistaken Shacky is wearing the hiking kilt in green. It comes in universal green or blue tartan or black Stewart. You can get optional side pockets, belt loops, or buckles. The hiking model is more pricey than the original, but I own two and think they are worth it for the lightweight fabric and workmanship. Oh and made in the USA! Now if you really want one you should think about the length a little; Bob is wearing his "high" in the traditional fashion. Me and some other people wear them low for a variety of reasons including, for me, one of mine is indecently short and I want to cover as much as possible and I have a short tprso and it kind of looks like the kilt is wearing me if I put it on my actual waist instead of my hips. It's just a matter of personal preference. I refuse to wear shorts so it works well for me.

Yes, I am wearing it high which is traditionally how it is suppose to be worn. I am scottish and if my father saw me wearing a kilt incorrectly I would never hear the end of it.

Great picture PB, how was your first kilt'ed run.

That is WAY to cool, YOW! Love, love, love the BRS tee shirt too!