Report from the Munich Marathon

Report from the Munich Marathon
By Yima

Fault that I attended last Sunday at the Munich Marathon, was actually that I had to break off the summer early because of a breakdown. In this way I had in mid-August for a week unexpectedly much time at home available. Did it on a whim several days in a row completed my 15km Barefoot running track. Even at the fourth round I did not feel that that me running around the many physical leaching, so I ran a few more miles on the fifth day, and I decided to participate in the Munich Marathon.

Well, now I'm sitting with animal muscles in the thighs on the PC, and am very excited to have the marathon barefoot geschaft.

Most concerns I had, if my feet get through 42km Munich tarmac etc. For one, I knew the nature of the roads do not (indeed come out of the corner ...) and on the other I walked in the preparation of a maximum of 30km. The matter was then yesterday while not perfect, but I had no time or similar to the feeling for bubbles having to abort the run. However, on the right foot a small bubble evolved from KM 34 at the transition from the bale to toe no. 2, i.e. in the area where the skin is actually quite thick. Have more then the outer zones of the foot used. Jatzt - a day later - the soles feel almost back to normal, the bladder I feel only if I particularly burden the body.

As already said, evil is for the pain in the thighs. This of course has nothing to do with barefoot running, but is alone the total but due to economical preparation. I think at least another month targeted training and an additional 30km races would have saved me a significant drop from about 35km. With Burglary I mean really burglary - that I'm finally walked only about 500m, was because I have extremely pulled together me for my circumstances and that me on the last 2km a friend cycled bike alongside and motivated me.

Although I've run a few marathons in prehistoric times (fastest time 3:47) I made ​​the mistake of addressing the first half too fast. However, I also did not know what would have been the optimal pace, because I could not properly assess my performance level.

My tactic was to run with no run tactics. I have looked only at the half marathon distance on the clock, and me, naive as I am, to be pleased remained without trouble under 2 hours. If not a run tactics, so I at least had a clear goal; I wanted to create BAREFOOT the marathon necessarily. No matter what time. At the finish I was finally after 4 h 17 min.

The ground of the run course I would call neat. In the English Garden of paved road is sometimes a bit rough, but since you can easily deflect laterally on meadow or on a trail. Unpleasant is the part of the track at the King Square because you only have the choice between gravel and paving stones. But luckily, this section is only about 250m long.

Maybe at the end the following details for Other interesting that want to run a marathon barefoot for the first time; In the late Summer of 2010 I switched auf's barefoot. Have since 2700km run barefoot, in addition 850km with Five Fingers or Merrell Trail Glove. 2012, I had a pretty persistent problem with the Achilles tendon, so I ran barefoot or minimal only 310km in the year. Helped with crucial here squatting exercise with the help of which stretches the shortened muscles in the lower leg. Had also increased the workload running in the last few weeks no more problems for my Achilles ehne result.

Yima, Oct 13, 2014

(Translated by Google Translator)

Barefoot runner and barefoot hiker since 2010 (the avatar shows me ascending the Demeljoch from October´11).
View all 1 featured items