Races planned for 2010

Andy-I'd love to break nine

Andy-

I'd love to break nine hours, but that may be a pipe dream. This should be the first year I'll have enough experience and endurance base to really let it rip on a 50 miler. I haven't run one since 2007. That year, I think I ran NCT a shade under 10:30.

With full time school and

With full time school and work, I haven't even planned a racing schedule this year. After all the marathons and ultras last year, it will be really weird not training for an ultra. And I just found out I can't make the Guiness Record attempt since it's the same weekend I'm moving my daughter out of Virginia Tech dorms and back home AND it's Mother's Day weekend.

In the immediate future, I'm doing:

June:

- Run the Quay 5k in Fuquay Varina, NC (barefoot)

- Solstice Run (10-miler) in Northville Michigan (barefoot)

Probably a marathon in the fall and would love to try it barefoot since I was able to do a VFF marathon last month.

Other than that, I'm still deciding about possible races.

Jon

How was NCTR on your bare

How was NCTR on your bare feet???

From what I remember it's a pretty "tame" trail (compared to Poto or the like)...

I wasn't thinking barefoot at the time...

I know there was a fair amount of roots, but pretty soft, smooth, packed trails otherwise...

Am I remembering, right?

Yeah, I thought I got keep about a 10 minute pace, but that changed a great deal on the second lap...

This year I plan to actually train for it.

What trails do you do around GR for the NCTR?

snowshoe_hare wrote:  How

snowshoe_hare said:
How was NCTR on your bare feet???

From what I remember it's a pretty "tame" trail (compared to Poto or the like)...

I wasn't thinking barefoot at the time...

I know there was a fair amount of roots, but pretty soft, smooth, packed trails otherwise...

Am I remembering, right?

Yeah, I thought I got keep about a 10 minute pace, but that changed a great deal on the second lap...

This year I plan to actually train for it.

What trails do you do around GR for the NCTR?

NCT was MUCH more barefoot-friendly than the Poto. You're right... there are a fair number of roots, but the trails themselves range from hard-packed dirt to compressed sand. It's one of the most barefoot-friendly trail races I've run.

I've been doing a lot of training at Hoffmaster and Coast Guard Park between Muskegon and Grand Haven. The terrain is identical and those parks have decent hills. I plan on doing some runs at Muskegon State Park closer to summer, too. The Cannonsburg loop we did for the Jurek run is pretty similar, too. I plan on running the ski hill once per week after Mind The Ducks... it will be good training.

The sub-nine time probably won't work out... I've yet to meet a time goal in any ultra.
regular_smile.gif

Mississauga Marathon, May

Mississauga Marathon, May 16

12 Mile Creek Trail Half Marathon, June 5

Niagara 50K Ultra, June 19

Iroquoia Trail 32K, August 22

Underwear Affair 10K, August 28

Run for the Grapes Half Marathon, September 19

Dare to Be Bare 52K Ultra, October 23

Alan

AlanT wrote:Mississauga

AlanT said:
Mississauga Marathon, May 16

12 Mile Creek Trail Half Marathon, June 5

Niagara 50K Ultra, June 19

Iroquoia Trail 32K, August 22

Underwear Affair 10K, August 28

Run for the Grapes Half Marathon, September 19

Dare to Be Bare 52K Ultra, October 23

Alan

You all going to run in your underwear on Aug 28 ?

I don't, but many people do.

I don't, but many people do. It's a fundraiser for "cancers below the waist" (ie, prostate, colon, cervical, etc.).

See http://to10.uncoverthecure.org/

Alan

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test