Posting to site from Firefox

Art

Barefooters
Jun 24, 2010
For some reason, I can no longer type into the comment fields when using Firefox 3.6.12 (WinXP) at work. IE works fine and so does Chrome, which I run at home. Any thoughts?

I emailed Art.  Do you have

I emailed Art. Do you have the latest version of Firefox and its patches? I know some work computers are locked-down, so you may not be able to upgrade. Also, how long ago did you first experience the problem, and what changes took place on your set from the last time you were able to post until you were not able to post?

So here I am in IE 7,

So here I am in IE 7, reporting out the details. 3.6.12 is the latest (stable) version of Firefox, and I've updated all of my add-ons. Wait, actually, one wasn't up-to-date, so now I've updated to the latest version of the ActiveGS plugin...and after restarting Firefox, I can type in the comment fields again!

A little copy and paste and this is actually coming in via Firefox...go figure.

Back in IE...after posting

Back in IE...after posting that last comment, I can no longer click into the comment field in Firefox...nothing like an intermittent bug to make life interesting, no?

Have you searched the net for

Have you searched the net for similar conflicts? Sometimes I can find the resolution to an odd bug that way.

I'll give it a go...heh, it's

I'll give it a go...heh, it's working here, but didn't on the BRS blog post I just had open...go figure. What is this text editing widgit called anyway?

I have Firefox 3.6.12 on the

I have Firefox 3.6.12 on the Mac. I have the same problem but only once in a blue moon does it give me trouble. When that happens I just quit and restart and it works.

I've been able to post using

I've been able to post using Firefox, Chrome, and Chromium, in both WindowsXP (work) and Ubuntu 10.10 (home). Wouldn't touch IE with a barge pole.

Alan

I use Firefox 3.6.12 on Mac

I use Firefox 3.6.12 on Mac and sometimes the comment box is inactive. I cannot get the focus on it to type in it.

Usually if I reload the page the problem goes away. I never went as far as restarting like Zap. So far I haven't determined under which conditions the problem occurs. It only intermittent for me.

We don't get complaints very

We don't get complaints very often about accessibility problems, but when we do, they come more from Firefox users than IE users. I have IE 8 and all the latest updates and patches, and I have never had a problem.

What do you mean, Art? Drupal WYSIWYG?

Reloading the page

Reloading the page (eventually) will allow me to click into the editor (give it focus, if you prefer), but it often takes 4-5 reloads (good for BRS traffic figures, no?). Google, unfortunately, didn't turn up anything that looked like an answer to me. I suppose I can stick to IE or Chrome for my BRS browsing, but Firefox is my preferred browser here at work and I'd love to find a solution that doesn't involve so much time hitting that danged reload button!

That completely sucks.  I

That completely sucks. I wish I had the time to research this for you. This is right up my alley too.