Part II - From Brine Shrimp/David

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
For those of you that are worried about me during this time of change, I want you to know that I am not only ok with this change in the relationship between Jen and myself that divorce brings, but I am happy that Jen has finally found a path that she can feel good about and follow with excitement and complete commitment. Many of you know Jen as a sometimes strange and often quirky personality, always talking about the most obscure and out of this world topics, and only rarely making sense….at least to the uninitiated like me lol. But I know Jen as a warm and loving, totally committed partner, who often did the unimaginable in order to try to fit into my small little tight fitting box. It was often uncomfortable for her and I love her that much more for trying, in order to make our marriage work which it did for many years.

I have always known that our relationship was tentative and would ultimately end in Jen needing to follow a different path. Years ago I had a dream that I was holding a delicate and beautiful butterfly. I knew that I needed to let it go in order for it to survive, but I also knew that, because of its beauty and grace, I wanted it in my life and really didn’t want to let it go. I was at a crossroads, and did not know what I should do. Unfortunately, my dilemma was not solved in that dream but I always knew that the dream represented our life together. I knew that one day, I would be at the same crossroads with Jen as I was in my dream with that butterfly. I would have to make a choice, let her go so that she could not only survive, but thrive, or hold on to her and watch her wither and die. I found myself at this crossroads recently, holding tightly onto Jen, not wanting to lose her and yet understanding that she would die in my grasp if I didn't release her from my hold. So, with that, I am letting my butterfly go, knowing that our relationship has changed forever. Divorce can be such a harsh word, but in our case there is no good or bad, right or wrong. Our relationship will be different but it will still be a loving and caring relationship where we will still be in each others lives forever.

-David

Reactions: dutchie53