PA Runners: Run For Diamonds anyone?

bfaubrey

Barefooters
Jul 24, 2010
I ran this race last year shod, before I saw the light. It is a great race,really great if you love hills. Anyway I was thinking of trying to run it barefoot this year. No land speed records, just having fun representing what we love to do. My goal is to just start and finish and have fun. Thanksgiving day in Berwick, Pa. My dad lives in Buckhorn and we go there for Turkey day, so the race is just down the road from there. Like I said it is hilly, and just a titch over 9 miles, I'm not to that distance yet, done 7 so far so I am close. Just thought I'd let others know about a really fun race.

Berwick is exit 242 on I-80,

Berwick is exit 242 on I-80, take rt 11 north of 80 about 5- 10 miles. Near Catawissa, Mifflinville, Bloomsburg, etc. Hope this gives a roundabout general location for you. Guess it's a little Northwest of Hazelton. It is all on roads, if you look it up on the web they have a cool site for it. Very old race, and a lot of history behind it. Last year was the 100th running. Over 2100 people ran it. I placed 189th with a time of 1hr 1min and some-odd seconds. The climb up "the hill" is a real test, but the downhills are worse! I could not walk down the stairs frontward for two days, had to go backwards!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test