Overdid it.

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
A couple evenings ago I went over to Valley Forge Park with my son. He's not any sort of runner but I enticed him with the promise of throwing an Aerobee (a flat toriodal throwing disc) for a while. When he'd had enough of that I took off running on a 6 mile loop on the road and paved paths there. It was about perfect - dusk falling and 65F with a very mild breeze. My previous long BF run this year was 5 miles, so I thought 6 wouldn't be too much of an extension. Wrong. I got my first blister in 2 or 3 years, or very nearly so. I ended up with a sore spot on the ball of my right foot that didn't pillow out like a regular blister, but just looked like a layer of blood between skin layers in an area the size of a dime. It hurt somewhat to walk on the following day, but I forgot about it and it was a non-issue today. Tomorrow I will give it a try running BF, but will likely carry my VFF Bikilas just in case.

Happy Spring to all my Northern Hemisphere neighbors!

Happy spring to you too, Fish Face! :barefoot:

You got a under-callous blister, AFAIK it's no big deal

To update, the under callous blister is now a through callous hole. Not a bad injury, but it got my attention on last nights BF run. I expect I will keep my VFFs handy for the next run or two, and then just move on.