Oregon Chapter - "Prepare to Die: Group Run"

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
Yep, I've completely lost my mind - and it's Janson's fault! OK, running buddies...mark your calendars! Sunday, August 19th, the Gorge. An all day 20 mile trail run with LOTS O' WHINING!!! Whose with us???

TJ it would be nice if you could please post this to the Calendar. I already posted it under the Oregon Chapter. Thanks!

OMG you're one of "them"!!!

If by "Them" you mean guys that memorize movies and regurgitate movie quotes, then yes, I'm one of "us"

If by "Them" you mean the group that formerly featured Van Morrison, then no, that's not me..

PS - Have fun storming the castle...

I am so lost now....:oops:

OK, an assist:

In the movie The Princess Bride, there was a character that said "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Being that Jen entitled this thread "Prepare to Die" I figured [incorrectly] that was a reference to the movie. Also "Have fun storming the castle" was also from the movie.

As for my response to Jen's query "You're one of 'them'?", there are two things:

1) There is a group of us that tend to be able to recite lines from certain movies, almost on command. This goes across genres - comedy, action, horror, etc...but not all of us do all genres (my specialty is comedies from the 80's: Trading Places, Fletch, John Hughes movies and so forth). Not everyone does this...I figure those of us that do are using valuable memory capacity remembering movie quotes, jingles and cartoon trivia, instead of remembering important things like the number for 9-1-1 or the names of kids (for those that have kids).

2) Before his solo career, Van Morrison (better known as the guy who sings "Brown Eyed Girl") was with a group called "Them".

Does that make things worse? :D

Ah yes, I got the Inigo Montoya the first time (where it was from), I just didn't understand how it applied. Now I do and I can totally see the connection. I also had no clue who Van Morrison is/was, but I used to really like that song and now I know he did it. Actually I think it's on one of my playlists on my Ipod.

My brother used to recite the movies all the time as we watched them. He knew all of the lines to what seemed all of the movies. It was rather annoying. We couldn't hear the movie so much as we could hear him. Looking back, I see he had quite a talent for it.

Reactions: NickW
My brother used to recite the movies all the time as we watched them. He knew all of the lines to what seemed all of the movies. It was rather annoying. We couldn't hear the movie so much as we could hear him. Looking back, I see he had quite a talent for it.

It's kind of like in Fahrenheit 451 - after all the books were burnt, they had to rely on people that could remember the individual stories. So, in the case of your brother, myself and our ilk, if all the movies get destroyed and Netflix gets deleted, you'll have to rely on us the next time you need your Fletch or Smokey and the Bandit fix (but only the first one - no one worth his salt would memorize II and III)

Jen - Did you dye your hair? Are you going for the Abby on NCIS look? ('cos if you are, it works! :) )

It's kind of like in Fahrenheit 451 - after all the books were burnt, they had to rely on people that could remember the individual stories. So, in the case of your brother, myself and our ilk, if all the movies get destroyed and Netflix gets deleted, you'll have to rely on us the next time you need your Fletch or Smokey and the Bandit fix (but only the first one - no one worth his salt would memorize II and III)

Jen - Did you dye your hair? Are you going for the Abby on NCIS look? ('cos if you are, it works! :) )

It's actually my natural hair color! I was born a clown! Which is probably why I am deathly afraid of them. Lol.

It looks a lot brighter in this photo because it is up against blue, and blue is the opposite of orange, making it a complimentary color, hence the brightness. I know you wanted to know that. :)

I thought that was a man's hair piece, and you were being silly, your usual self...that I love. :oops:

Lol, that's actually a 40's style feather hat thingy.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Now that cracked me up! I'm glad it wasn't your real do. I was afraid I might have offended you after I posted that.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test